Surviving Minnesota!

Trying to get ready for my trip north . Had trailer repairs to do on my 16 foot flatbed . Got to finish wiring today . Lots of stuff going north with me this trip .

Mine didn't do that, but I did have one settle right in last year and enjoy the cool water for about 5 minutes!

Ralphie, Hahaha!
gig.gif
We also get those "white" sweet potatoes from cub. very tasty. but they do cut through that plastic bag, all the time! try cooking them in the oven at 450 for 1 hr (45 minutes if small). Soooo good! that is the texas roadhouse recipe.

That picture of her chilling in the tub is amazing!!!

We love them baked like that and filled with so much butter it is running out everywhere. It is a health food when done like that ! I will be doing these in my grill.

Ralphie, I am glad that Insurance Agent who I referred was able to provide that policy on Judy at the level of your request. You do realize there is what is known as a period of elimination don't you.
I would be cautious as to what you are feeding to Judy for several months.

I really must admit that I do not understand anyone wanting to eat cookie dough prior to it's being baked? Fortunately my wife is an excellent chef and baker. Her chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth, but my favorite are the oatmeal raisin.

The single comb is definitely a downer for up here. There are all these beautiful docile breeds and they all have these large combs.
barnie.gif

I'll tell you why I like wyandottes. They are beautiful, they free range beautifully, THEIR COMBS, and my two are the top layers of the whole flock. Summer, WINTER, it doesn't matter. They are bitties though. But not enough to make me want to remove them from my flock. That's why i suggested them to you. Also they have a ton of fluff...good for winter.

Edited to add I got an updated picture of RJ (Roger Junior) he is showing more dark feathers...among the red feathering. So he'll have alot of 'Blue' to him it appears (like Momma) : Reddening comb and wattles. The comb looks single. I was hoping for more of the Wyandotte comb. Alas, it is my h-e- double hockey sticks year for chickening...so bring it on.
th.gif

I was going to ask if the Wyandottes can have different combs within the same color breed? My GLW girls (I have 2) one has the pea comb I think its called and the other has a single comb????? could one be a mix of some sort or is this a normal occurrence?

You know it is hot when chickens do this . Not my photo .

one word comes to mind here......creepy

The Lakenvelders on the carousel really make me wish for white....almost.

The littles' brooder smells like a gourmet Italian Kitchen. Thank you Siggie!
lol.png
Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Lemon Thyme (I love fresh garlic smell--but with Lemon thyme it is twice as good smelling) in the waterer, and in the nest box I put purple coneflower petals (echinacea) marigold, and lavender. Siggie I tried chopping the garlic and rolling it in cinnamon. I have tumeric for soap supplies but I don't trust the grade for eating. Dixie tried a nibble and she didn't eat any more. Not her thing I don't think. I have the garlic and other things in the waterer ....so she'll get some goodness there.

The chicks have accepted her as mother. I noticed that today. They came running when she showed treats. And they nestled under her breast to sleep. They are big babies. So Dixie is lifted up in the air. LOL. as she went to sleep and relaxed her head bobble was more present. Heal sweet chook, heal.

I am so tired tonight. I could go to sleep right now. But i have a couple hours of computer work... Talk more later.

I bet it smells wonderful!! I love putting the herbs in the coop...between the smell of those and the wood shavings...it's heavenly! I'm sure she will get the benefits if the garlic anyhow from the water! Do you put ACV in the water as well?

I was going to ask if the Wyandottes can have different combs within the same color breed? My GLW girls (I have 2) one has the pea comb I think its called and the other has a single comb????? could one be a mix of some sort or is this a normal occurrence?

one word comes to mind here......creepy

I bet it smells wonderful!! I love putting the herbs in the coop...between the smell of those and the wood shavings...it's heavenly! I'm sure she will get the benefits if the garlic anyhow from the water! Do you put ACV in the water as well?
Are you herb people familiar with sweet Annie ? Very aromatic .

That picture of her chilling in the tub is amazing!!!

We love them baked like that and filled with so much butter it is running out everywhere. It is a health food when done like that ! I will be doing these in my grill.

I have never seen chickens do this. So funny! Too bad all chickens won't try this. It would probably save a few during the hot summer.

Do you put ACV in the water as well?
I do ACV like 2-3 times a week. Sometimes everyday. LOL. It depends on the week. or the day. They get it though. yes. I do Merricks also for stressful times: heat, cold, loss of flock members, adding flock members. So with Dixie's week from Hades we've been adding Merricks to the water.

Wyandottes should have a cushion comb Siggie. But I had one sold to me from a hatchery with a single comb. She has something added to the cookie batter. Hatchery Mutt in other words. She's 4 now, still lays eggs, lead hen. Complete mess for conformation but a great backyard addition. See below Cluckie's SLW ...that's what their comb should look like.

Mine didn't do that, but I did have one settle right in last year and enjoy the cool water for about 5 minutes!

Good morning! BC Hope for happy healing today. She is such a sweet little mama.

Have a great day everyone!
Oh My God, Cluckies. Day made right here....Hilarious!

Good morning I love Layers. It's so nice to hear of your active lifestyle. You're a go-getter kiddo!

Jerry: I have not heard of Sweet Annie...?

@Bogtown Chick Ok then I have a mutt GLW because she definitely has a single comb growing??? The other 3 look like they are supposed to. huh? She's still pretty and it really doesn't matter what they look like because I am not into showing or breeding. As long as she lays we are good
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom