Surviving Minnesota!

That's just what I think I'd do, you obviously can do what you want ;)
I guess if the rooster is that valuable to the flock maybe the best decision would be to cull Sylvia so she's not suffering his attacks. :hugs

Erli you've definitely made me see this differently. I do have roosters up and coming in the littles. DH thinks the way I am too. I remember another member said a hen will separate herself from the flock and you know it's her time. It's a tough call. That rooster is amazing other than this. And I know it's a lot of annoying 'yeah-but' -ing after I've had asked advice. Sort of annoying. Thank you Erli for putting a different look on this. :hugs

Yes! Happy Father's Day to all you gentlemen here on BYC.

DH back from Canada napping on couch.

Erli you've definitely made me see this differently. I do have roosters up and coming in the littles. DH thinks the way I am too. I remember another member said a hen will separate herself from the flock and you know it's her time. It's a tough call. That rooster is amazing other than this. And I know it's a lot of annoying 'yeah-but' -ing after I've had asked advice. Sort of annoying. Thank you Erli for putting a different look on this. :hugs

Yes! Happy Father's Day to all you gentlemen here on BYC.

DH back from Canada napping on couch.
:hugs

Where in Canada did your DH go?

He did a fly-in North of Sioux Lookout. Savant Lake. Ontario. It's about 8 hours north of us. Sun was up at 4:45 and dark at 10:45. I forget about the long summer days up there. He had a great time.
Went to the big fish with mom and Dad for BBQ ribs. A good day.
I've learned to navigate better with the tips. It's a flow thing I think...

He did a fly-in North of Sioux Lookout. Savant Lake. Ontario. It's about 8 hours north of us. Sun was up at 4:45 and dark at 10:45. I forget about the long summer days up there. He had a great time.
:thumbsup

Had a great day. Found a shoot ton of Chicken of the Woods... Will post pics and how many pounds we got later when we get home. Also did lots of fishing walking and other fun nature things...

I would have thought the days would be longer yet up there..

Our Sunrise was 5:25 and sunset is 9:06 with a long dawn and dusk.. Your are so far north of me, yours must be an hour longer than I am.... Togo actually is 5:15 and 9:16 so in that short distance we gain 20 minutes.

Had a great day. Found a shoot ton of Chicken of the Woods... Will post pics and how many pounds we got later when we get home. Also did lots of fishing walking and other fun nature things...

Did you have to trim the edges at all on the chicken? That was some nice looking shrooms you found. With the rain was it water logged or not?

You didn't feed that other one you found to your brother did you?????? ( I worry about this stuff)

Maybe dark was after 11:00. I don't remember half of what he says.

I remember doing my windows one June evening when we lived in South Haven and coming in the house at nearly 11:00. And being stunned by that.

I forgot to shut the pop door last night on the coop... junior et all were crapping and crowing at my front door fairly early reminding me to feed them. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom