Surviving Minnesota!

Thanks Siggie!

BC thank you! These are all from my Iphone. I haven't brought the camera out since last winter. I figure if my phone can take half decent ones and I can put it in my pocket I might as well use that instead of lugging a big camera around.
Amazing... I can't believe how technology has advanced so quickly. I'm seeing more and more decent photos from people that use phone cameras.

Amazing... I can't believe how technology has advanced so quickly. I'm seeing more and more decent photos from people that use phone cameras.

Thank you. Yes some phones do take great pics! Any droids we have had aren't that good for pics but a lot of people get phones for other reasons lol. The whole reason I got an older Iphone was because this had one of the better cameras.

Although if you zoom in at all the pictures get really fuzzy. Like the pic of the owl I posted. I got closer but took a pic while I could!

Had a great time in the garage tonight with the littles. We had steak tonight and there is always steak pieces with fat and gristle that the kids don't eat. Well I took those chunks into the garage....

I have 7 brand new best friends. Lol.

The welsummer chick is a rooster. Dang it!!!

And lots of rosey (not peach colored combs on the Ameraucanas ) im nervous there will be alot of coq au vin this August!

Good Morning chickeners . . . . I need you.
Walked out to open the coop gate just now and there is a SS laying on the ground like she is dust bathing cept she is not covered in dust or moving. Very conscious, clear eyed, neck is twisted. I thought perhaps she hurt herself getting off the roost but seems fine except it looks as if she has wry neck.
I looked up Marek's and if that is what it is then she is a goner and the rest of the flock is in trouble. However, that seems unlikely as they have not been exposed unless through a wild source.
I looked up Newcastle and am investigating that further.
I forgot to look up Wry Neck and will go do that now. In my vast experience I have not seen wry neck except in chicks.
What say you? anything at all?

Good Morning chickeners . . . . I need you.
Walked out to open the coop gate just now and there is a SS laying on the ground like she is dust bathing cept she is not covered in dust or moving. Very conscious, clear eyed, neck is twisted. I thought perhaps she hurt herself getting off the roost but seems fine except it looks as if she has wry neck.
I looked up Marek's and if that is what it is then she is a goner and the rest of the flock is in trouble. However, that seems unlikely as they have not been exposed unless through a wild source.
I looked up Newcastle and am investigating that further.
I forgot to look up Wry Neck and will go do that now. In my vast experience I have not seen wry neck except in chicks.
What say you? anything at all?
I've seen wry neck in an adult bird before. Good luck. :fl

I've seen wry neck in an adult bird before. Good luck. :fl
Thanks Banty Chooks Okay - I now think I have a clearer picture of this and that it is Wry Neck. I think she fell off the roost from this happening (like the neck gave out overnight) and lay where she fell. I came in this morning and picked her up, brought her into the basement (yes, another bird in the basement - I am such a liar - do not trust what I say - ever) and she is undergoing treatment. She is alert, clear eyed and when she hears copper roo she gets very restless. I put her in a box out by the coop but not in the coop, after she ate scrambled eggs and a mixture of vitamins and electrolytes. Hopefully. Now I will go clean the coop just to observe and be around my flock.

Thanks Banty Chooks Okay - I now think I have a clearer picture of this and that it is Wry Neck. I think she fell off the roost from this happening (like the neck gave out overnight) and lay where she fell. I came in this morning and picked her up, brought her into the basement (yes, another bird in the basement - I am such a liar - do not trust what I say - ever) and she is undergoing treatment. She is alert, clear eyed and when she hears copper roo she gets very restless. I put her in a box out by the coop but not in the coop, after she ate scrambled eggs and a mixture of vitamins and electrolytes. Hopefully. Now I will go clean the coop just to observe and be around my flock.
Can she stand?

Back
Top Bottom