Surviving Minnesota!

It has been hazey here most of the summer between our fires and the ones out west.

20170903_151335.jpg

This was about noon on saturday

Speaking of eggs..

Anyone here want to try their hand at hatching toads? I am over run with eggs again. Otherwise I will be forced to hatch more chicks, just when I was vowing to cut back on hatching.

Princess is no longer broody, so no thanks. I could have hatched them and given them back to you. Dang.

Whatever tried to eat the legs of the pullets pushed out a nailed board on the bottom of the coop between ground and floor on the side, moved the cinder blocks beside it on top of each other ripped off a piece of siding, and then proceeded to try and claw its way into the coop last night

20170904_081212.jpg

Whatever tried to eat the legs of the pullets pushed out a nailed board on the bottom of the coop between ground and floor on the side, moved the cinder blocks beside it on top of each other ripped off a piece of siding, and then proceeded to try and claw its way into the coop last night

View attachment 1129136
Yikes! Get some wood screws and new boards out there. maybe some hardware cloth lining the inside. Terrible!

Good Morning Chicken. . . . dang! just lost alot of typing on here. Back to the beginning. And that is that I read every post for the past five days to catch up. Lottsa reading.
Since I could not be first as Jerry jumped on right away this morning, I decided to read.
Five days in Aitkin. NDN watered the birds. I have a system now to feed them and there is plenty of food left after begin gone the five days.
DS and DDIL were at their place in Aitkin too. The X showed up with his wife. We usually do pretty well in the same room together but I really do not care if I see him again for the next five years. He tried to goad me into a verbal exchange. I walked away - as did everyone else. Ugh! Now I remember . . . .
Welcome to chickmom3941. We are a relatively outspoken group. So don't worry about what you say unless you are out and out rude. There is a learning curve i.e., the banana belt and those certified breeders. Understand about trusting who you purchase from. The breeders on here pay attention to characteristics within their breeding flocks and who to put with who to weed out the problems. I never knew that, and had no reason to know that, until I learned it on here. So all is good and there is much to learn and many laughs to be had.
About that burnt bacon . . . . . :duc Ugh - the smell of burned bacon. It would have been in the air for hours. Good strategy erli.
Hey Klops! We have missed you! ! ! So glad for the updates on where you have been. Nice house.
BC - how's Dad?
B-12 is good for hangovers. :oops: I have in-laws in the medical field and he would give her B-12 injections after a night of partying so she could get up with the twins in the morning.

Geez - had an EMG for carpal tunnel done last Wednesday. On my right had. NOW the left hand is screwing up terribly while typing this.
Its been over an hour chickeners - time to motivate

Back
Top Bottom