Surviving Minnesota!

BC I ordered some Nelson blackberries from Fedco . Should survive zone 3 . 5 plugs or tissue culture starts . Some will go to the lake . Said to have been grown for about 100 years by the Nelson family in Maine I think . So my black raspberries survived last years winter at the lake . Niwot had winter damage to the snowline . Jewel and Mac black some tip damage . Good for zone 5 rated to do good in -40 to - 50 . So zone 2 lows . They are selling Pequat blackberries and Pequat black raspberries . Bred by a guy in Pequat lakes . Many things have not been tested that far north . I will test some myself . We got to -27 last year so zone 4 lo

Busy week at school for me. So far the weekend has been relaxing, went to town to workout, went on a ride with my sister afterwards, threw rocks on ice chunks in the creek and did some chores. Tomorrow I have to clean both coops, should be a good day for that.
I did get cleared to run yesterday! So after 6 months I finally got to run, it felt great.

Last edited:
Should be near 60 here today . I have been struggling with pain mostly in the knees . I think I have found the cause gout . So Friday I went to family doctor to get results of routine blood work . All good . Asked for e referral to ortho doctor . Went there as they have a walk in clinic also . Would not see me as referral had not come in . Insurance requirement . So Janet had a DR appointment Thursday . She had a swelling on her leg . Dr said gout . So I take gout medicine . Light came on . I increased my dosage and pain is slowly going away . :celebrate

Jerry, my sympathies!!

I had gout in my wrist at Xmas. I can’t believe the pain it is. I wonder if I have a slight case of it in my left foot. Nagging pain not like my wrist was.

I had tests done for gout and they all were negative also. I have been eating a ton of cherries, they are suppose to help..:confused:

Of course, getting older is just finding new aches and pains in areas you never knew you had before...

I can’t imagine the pains some one as old as @EJB has..... :lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Jerry, my sympathies!!

I had gout in my wrist at Cmas. I can’t believe the pain it is. I wonder if I have a slight case of it in my left foot. Nagging pain not like my wrist was.

I had tests done for gout and they all were negative also. I have been eating a ton of cherries, they are suppose to help..:confused:

Of course, getting older is just finding new aches and pains in areas you never knew you had before...

I can’t imagine the pains some one as old as @EJB has..... :lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Excess uric acid forms crystals in your joints. Drinking a lot of water is suppose to help, put a bit of lemon juice in your water.

Back
Top Bottom