Surviving Minnesota!

Had a vagrant hen show up at midday today with 8 chicks in tow. I thought the hen was a goner, but she hid in the bush and pulled it off.
A little late for chicks but I will tend to them and hope they are all pullets. Purebred Wheaten Marans of top quality says I. If one or two are cockerels that is ok, but with my luck they will all be ?

Morning . Slowly getting everything I ordered to fix stuff . I often use eBay and Rock Auto . Prices are much better . Got to pickup my 100 pound propane cylinder today and my rekeyed truck ignition and fuel door lock . Three keys for the truck was just too much . So lawnmower cable should be here today or tomorrow . Car parts Monday . Plus I ordered a knob for the heater fan speed on the truck yesterday . It broke while at the lake .

Had a vagrant hen show up at midday today with 8 chicks in tow. I thought the hen was a goner, but she hid in the bush and pulled it off.
A little late for chicks but I will tend to them and hope they are all pullets. Purebred Wheaten Marans of top quality says I. If one or two are cockerels that is ok, but with my luck they will all be ?
If you can pull off all pullets, I clearly need to visit with you about your "special" abilities. I have a full freezer of cockerels.....This year yielded 90% cockerels. The kids already no better than to ask "What's for dinner?"

Extra thick walls were sometimes built by folks In the 50s . To secure from radiation from nuclear bombs. My sister lives in such a home in Savage. It’s unreal. How thick. I think some farmer was trying to protect his herd...? In BEmidji.
It may take a while for that stone and cement mass to cool down. But in bemidji during the Winter it WILL get cold and below freezing. Ha. And it will take until July for the cold to come out of the walls I would imagine

Morning . Coffee is brewing . What is everyone doing ? Ralphie did you plant pumpkin or squash . I have a few butternut squash . Summer squash went to seed . Still getting a few tomatoes . Season is about done .

Back
Top Bottom