Surviving Minnesota!

Speaking of loss of taste. I picked pears today. They look perfectly ripened, have the right firmness, smell ok, but are the most bitter mouth puckering sour thing I have ever tasted.

I would rather peel a lemon and eat it.
Oh man, that stinks! my pears this year (Early Gold Pears) were the sweetest pears i've ever grown! so tasty! :drool

Agreed Ralphie with how dry it is here we need about 5 days of soaking rain, I agree! it has just been so dry the last few years. the last 2 years i've planted more fruit trees. that is very hard cause I have about 20 5 gallon buckets on my trees here. I lost a tree last year i planted 20 years ago due to the drought. several this year are stressed, leaves burned, dropping leaves, etc...

I put the TV on the entertainment center /fireplace . Lots of trouble with the antenna reception . One of those small RCA indoor types . Has always been touchy . So after much aggravation I determined the signal booster went bad . So I went to the hardware and bought a new RCA signal booster - a larger one . Works much better than then small one . So it seems the booster that comes with the antenna is not very good . I have another antenna that is touchy . I will replace that booster also . Maybe this information will help someone .

Unofficial end of summer . Now starts brrr or ber season . September , October , November , December . 42 degrees here this morning and 71 now . 54 in the cabin and DW had the fan on and all covered up . Gets up and wants heat . :confused: I had no fan on and was cold . So we warmed it up a bit . Built a campfire as I needed to get rid of some limbs .

Last edited:
I liked this .

Attachments

• 300384378_10217363439156393_977226708328601668_n.jpg
    300384378_10217363439156393_977226708328601668_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom