UpstateMamma

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
I
upload_2019-7-10_20-39-41.jpeg
have a 2 yo buff Orpington that has a swollen face around her right eye. It came on in a matter of hours, she was fine when I let them out in the morning yesterday, then in the afternoon it was swollen. I gave her .5ml children’s Benadryl yesterday, along with some antibiotic ointment on the swollen area. Today I gave her another .5ml of Benadryl and put “hen healer” blue goo on the affected area. She has no symptoms of a respiratory infection or anything else. She is eating and drinking as normal, I have her isolated as well. Please help my sweet Polly.
upload_2019-7-10_20-39-4.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-10_20-38-48.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-10_20-38-48.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 2
Sorry to see her like that. Is the other side normal? Maybe it’s some sort of insect or spider bite?

yes, the other side is as normal as can be. I had the same thought that is could be a bite/sting. But I can’t see any puncture mark, but I don’t know if you’d even see one.

I bit more swollen today. Tried to give a few drops of Benadryl this morning. Polly is sleepy, but still no other symptoms or signs of respiratory infection. Other side of her face is still just fine

Back
Top Bottom