20190326_072559.jpg
20190326_074706.jpg
20190326_073710.jpg
20190326_074613.jpg

Boy was she hungry this morning! Today I mixed in the one softgel of vitamin E, a few drop of Vitamin B, very little yogurt, little shaved brazil nut, very little turmeric, little broken up coconut flakes, and a couple broken up sunflower seeds. She needed no support (except after encountering the big piece of brazil nut I lost in the food; wasn't happy finding that). But boy, I thought my cockatiel could clear a room? Phew, my sinuses wanna peace out from Swirly XD. I'll only do the yogurt once a day so I don't screw up her system.

View attachment 1714784 View attachment 1714785 View attachment 1714786 View attachment 1714787

Boy was she hungry this morning! Today I mixed in the one softgel of vitamin E, a few drop of Vitamin B, very little yogurt, little shaved brazil nut, very little turmeric, little broken up coconut flakes, and a couple broken up sunflower seeds. She needed no support (except after encountering the big piece of brazil nut I lost in the food; wasn't happy finding that). But boy, I thought my cockatiel could clear a room? Phew, my sinuses wanna peace out from Swirly XD. I'll only do the yogurt once a day so I don't screw up her system.
She's very cute. It appears she is improving!
You have received good advice from everyone so I won't add to that. The only thing I want to mention is to provide her with some poultry grit so she doesn't have any troubles processing the nuts/seeds, etc.

Hope she continues to get better.

She's very cute. It appears she is improving!
You have received good advice from everyone so I won't add to that. The only thing I want to mention is to provide her with some poultry grit so she doesn't have any troubles processing the nuts/seeds, etc.

Hope she continues to get better.
I actually plan on grabbing some cheap rugs/towels and facecloths so she can move outside the cage (and not make a mess of my carpet, haha!), so I'll have to keep them in mind. I know she has issues with dry food, but maybe the grit won't upset her too much. She's trying to figure out the water bottle, which is good.

I actually plan on grabbing some cheap rugs/towels and facecloths so she can move outside the cage (and not make a mess of my carpet, haha!), so I'll have to keep them in mind. I know she has issues with dry food, but maybe the grit won't upset her too much. She's trying to figure out the water bottle, which is good.
Chickens need grit for the gizzard to grind up/process foods. Anything you feed other than chick starter, they need grit.
You may want to get some puppy pads to place on your carpet.

51ZrGQPhKfL._SY450_.jpg

Chickens need grit for the gizzard to grind up/process foods. Anything you feed other than chick starter, they need grit.
You may want to get some puppy pads to place on your carpet.

51ZrGQPhKfL._SY450_.jpg
Ah, okay, I'll try and get some then. She is getting mostly chick food, I just add in small bits of other things. Lol, leave it to me to not think of puppy pads.

I think she's getting too much water in her system; mostly wet spots on the newspaper. Still looks very bright eyed and active though.

Back
Top Bottom