Tennessee

Hello from Charleston, TN! I'm new to this... and having chickens. Let's do this
1f601.png
welcome-byc.gif

I'm in adams tn. Have 5 bantam cochins, 2 frizzle. Love my chicks. Planning to expand my numbers. Really would love to get more variety of bantams from here in tn. Anybody selling bantams in tn?

Ideal hatchery has assorted Bantams on sale for $1.25 but you have to buy 25

Last edited:
frow.gif
Introducing myself here. I'm in East Tennessee, near Madisonville. I raise Easter Eggers, Mille fleur D'Uccles, Turken/Naked Necks, along with some Sexlinks and GLW's for egg production.

Hello from Charleston, TN! I'm new to this... and having chickens. Let's do this
1f601.png
welcome-byc.gif

Hi, I'm in Lafollette, north of Knoxville, and am looking for some Lavender Orpington pullets to add to my mixed flock. I've seen some for sale on craigslist around Knoxville, but am a little worried about introducing an illness to my 20 week old flock. Any advice or suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance, Marilyn
If you are getting birds from an unknown source, it is best to quarantine them for at least a month before adding them to the rest of your flock.
More ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...often-underestimated-part-of-raising-chickens

Oh yes, "mymillie", I plan on a quarantine especially since I will be getting chicks. I've just read some stories about people getting birds from someone on Craigslist and introducing new "bugs". I just wondered if anyone had a bad, or good, experience around Knoxville, TN. Thanks for the advice and link!

I'm new to chickens. I have bought chickens from Strawberry Plains, Halls, and east of Nashville. The only problem was one of the two chickens from east of Nashville just up and died. She was still a young pullet 18 weeks. We were sold two rooster (different points in time) and had to give them away because we live in the city. I have not had any problems with any of my four.

Hey, Karen, thank you for the info. I'm glad your chickens are healthy and doing well. I think everyone has gotten an "accidental rooster" at some time. One of my five Easter Egger pullets grew into a big, beautiful rooster. We live out in the country so can have roosters, but don't need too many!

Back
Top Bottom