Texas

I hope I find a good home for her too! She really is pretty, and she was sweet to the other cats up until now.
She and another rescue were too sick to be spayed when I got them, so two cats ending up pregnant was unintentional (I try to crate them when they show signs of being in heat), and the aftermath has been unpleasant. Too many mommas getting territorial and hurting other innocent cats.
If it wasn't for a series of unfortunate events I would definitely keep her. She's so chill. I could probably clip her toenails without even wrapping her in a towel😄
We had a calico come walking up to us out of the pasture about 7 yrs ago, skinny and scraggly but sweet as could be. We kept her, but found out she was pregnant when she went to the vet for shots, so she had the kittens, I found them homes, rescheduled her spay, and she bolted out the door one day only to return pregnant again🤦‍♀️ After that litter, I literally kept her locked in the spare bedroom until spay day🤣 But she has been the best cat! Doesn't destroy anything, claw anything, gets along with the dogs, just a good girl! I named her Cleo, but my husband calls her bill or lunchbox (she's 13lbs) 😂

Attachments

• 20230509_051216.jpg
    20230509_051216.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 7
Can y'all lend me some experiences or opinions to ease my mind please? I have raised 52 chicks this year, outside in the grow out pen with a momma heating pad, no issues. I currently have 9, 2 week old chicks out there (and 4 with a broody, but I'm not worried about them) Monday-Wednesday next week is going to get quite crispy at night, will they be ok or should I bring them in? The north side of the run (grow out pen included, is completely tarped so wind is blocked) some pics for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_051405_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_051405_Weather.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231024_170950.jpg
    20231024_170950.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
37°F is pushing the limits. Do they have a huddle box to protect from drafts? If nothing else, put them in a box with the heating pad.

2 weeks old is right on the dividing line for me. Older and in a draft free spot, no problem. Younger and I'd definitely want heat. So err on the safe side and put them in a draft free, ventilated box with a heater. 9 is a good number to huddle. Make sure the box is large enough for them to get away from the heat if needed. That is if you don't just use the coop. Not really getting a good idea of your coop.

Cheers and winter is saying hello.

37°F is pushing the limits. Do they have a huddle box to protect from drafts? If nothing else, put them in a box with the heating pad.

2 weeks old is right on the dividing line for me. Older and in a draft free spot, no problem. Younger and I'd definitely want heat. So err on the safe side and put them in a draft free, ventilated box with a heater. 9 is a good number to huddle. Make sure the box is large enough for them to get away from the heat if needed. That is if you don't just use the coop. Not really getting a good idea of your coop.

Cheers and winter is saying hello.
The coop is this little ecoflex fontana barn (modified for better ventilation) it is just the grow out coop, they have a momma heating pad in there and put themselves to bed every evening before the auto door closes. Some of these pics are from earlier this summer, the first one is after installation of the auto door. When I saw 30 for the low Wed, I got super paranoid about the littles

Attachments

• 20230513_173942.jpg
    20230513_173942.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230513_163252.jpg
    20230513_163252.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231010_161551.jpg
    20231010_161551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
The coop is this little ecoflex fontana barn (modified for better ventilation) it is just the grow out coop, they have a momma heating pad in there and put themselves to bed every evening before the auto door closes. Some of these pics are from earlier this summer, the first one is after installation of the auto door. When I saw 30 for the low Wed, I got super paranoid about the littles
I'd block most of the screened side off from breezes (weather changes usually are windy). But I see their coop is inside another building. They should be fine for the night.

My experience was 8 in a plastic tote in a chicken tractor. They'd just gone outside at 2 weeks because they weren't welcome in the house any longer. But temperatures were in the low 50's. I had no issues and didn't provide heat.

I'd block most of the screened side off from breezes (weather changes usually are windy). But I see their coop is inside another building. They should be fine for the night.

My experience was 8 in a plastic tote in a chicken tractor. They'd just gone outside at 2 weeks because they weren't welcome in the house any longer. But temperatures were in the low 50's. I had no issues and didn't provide heat.
The open side faces south, the north side is completely closed. It's in a 6x8 section of my covered run. Thank you!

I love this!

I love this!
Thank you! It has made integrations soooo easy! If you look to the right in the first pic you'll see one of the hidey holes, at 2 weeks old I open these up while the ladies are out in the yard and coax the littles out then usher them back in a few times, then leave them be. The few times I've grown chicks out this year (6-8 weeks old) by the time they are 4-5 weeks old I find that they have followed the bigs into the big coop and put themselves to bed. I hatched some chocolate and white orps 6 weeks ago, the whites and 1 chocolate were gone at 2 weeks old, I kept the other 3 chocolates to grow out so I could be sure who was what, at 4 weeks the 2 cockerels went to their new home, and I kept a single pullet. She was already out and about with the bigs, but still slept in the grow out coop until last week, I went to make sure she was in bed, and she was, just not in the grow out coop. She is the sweetest thing, I named her Lilith:loveShe helps out with the littles, and likes to hang out with my WTB Betty.

Attachments

• 20231025_162216.jpg
    20231025_162216.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20231024_202634_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_202634_Blink.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20231024_202610_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_202610_Blink.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231017_161524.jpg
    20231017_161524.jpg