Texas

I need to figure out what sells here out of what I have. Lol. Would love to have some sells every hatch.
I have found that with the orpingtons, you have to find the "english orpington" people, lol. I've sold to a couple people that had no idea what an English Orp was, they just wanted chicks and didn't care. But once you find those people who love the breed, they will pretty much spread the word for you. I sold chicks to one guy (who got my number from his buddy in Dallas that bought some chicks) 6 times this year. Every time I had a hatch, he wanted a text and bought chicks. The 4 blue orp chicks my broody has right now were sold to him before they even hatched, he said I want whatever hatches. Other than the orps, my OE chicks have been a big hit too. Hatch a variety and see what flies out the door. You've got this!

I have found that with the orpingtons, you have to find the "english orpington" people, lol. I've sold to a couple people that had no idea what an English Orp was, they just wanted chicks and didn't care. But once you find those people who love the breed, they will pretty much spread the word for you. I sold chicks to one guy (who got my number from his buddy in Dallas that bought some chicks) 6 times this year. Every time I had a hatch, he wanted a text and bought chicks. The 4 blue orp chicks my broody has right now were sold to him before they even hatched, he said I want whatever hatches. Other than the orps, my OE chicks have been a big hit too. Hatch a variety and see what flies out the door. You've got this!
And you'd be surprised how far people will drive for quality

Hope to do that with Ameraucana, EE's and the Orpingtons(english). I'll have Spitzhauben and Phoenix on the side w/bantams.
Folks around here love the orp OE's. (They aren't really olive eggers, more like easter eggers that lay a light green egg) I use my WTB eggs, and the chicks come out paint because she is dominate white with beards and muffs! Sooo frickin cute, and big! I can't wait to see what you do next year

His picture.

1000003696.jpg

1000003694.jpg

1000003691.jpg

We need the rain but I'm tired of it already....6" as of today and today isn't over yet! The ground is so dry and hard that the rain has only soaked in a little bit...I have 3" of standing water in some of my pens and their on sloping land...usually not a problem, even with hurricane rains.

We need the rain but I'm tired of it already....6" as of today and today isn't over yet! The ground is so dry and hard that the rain has only soaked in a little bit...I have 3" of standing water in some of my pens and their on sloping land...usually not a problem, even with hurricane rains.
The rain before this one it was like that here. It's been gentle and slow this time.

Back
Top Bottom