Texas

I'll start this one.

I am in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio.

FYI
I have been keeping a spread sheet of Texas BYC members for several years. Right now it has 274 members on it. Of course some are no longer members or might have visited only a few times.

Texas, we are strong !

Greetings from Thorndale TX ......
I I don't know what it is like where you are but we are out on open farm land and it blows like there is no tomorrow. 40 mile an hour winds not uncommon...... and hot. Las summer I would take the hose into the coop and spray the chickens and the floor.. (concrete). The first few times they would run.. then it got so hot they looked forward to it and just stood there getting sprayed. ... My coop has industrial fans and it was still 110 degrees inside... brutal

I I don't know what it is like where you are but we are out on open farm land and it blows like there is no tomorrow. 40 mile an hour winds not uncommon...... and hot. Las summer I would take the hose into the coop and spray the chickens and the floor.. (concrete). The first few times they would run.. then it got so hot they looked forward to it and just stood there getting sprayed. ... My coop has industrial fans and it was still 110 degrees inside... brutal
Where I am watering them like that would only make matters worse for them.

Coastal TX here.

Onyx laid her first egg today at 18 weeks 😊

Attachments

• 20240226_161126.jpg
    20240226_161126.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240226_155359.jpg
    20240226_155359.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom