Thanksgiving family histories old pictures

I only have a couple old photos on my phone.

My dad and his mother in 1929:
IMG_1577.JPG

My dad, unsure of date, 1930?
George Stauffer 1.JPG

....and my great aunt and great uncle. They are toddlers, and it looks like one of them is holding a hammer :eek:-and more relatives: great uncles, aunts, and grandmother

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 3
@TXchickmum you have some great old family photos!
I especially love the ones of my great grandparents. They were soooo different from one another. He was one tough old bird, and a real character! She was quiet and sweet. I remember hearing stories about them. The thing I recall the fondest is going to visit my grandmother (and my great grandfather lived with her), and spending time with him when he was well into his 90s. He used to have this picture of my great grandmother on his dresser. I remember when he was too ill to get out of bed, he would look at her picture, tear up a bit, and say, "wasn't she the most beautiful thing you ever saw". :) Good memories!

I especially love the ones of my great grandparents. They were soooo different from one another. He was one tough old bird, and a real character! She was quiet and sweet. I remember hearing stories about them. The thing I recall the fondest is going to visit my grandmother (and my great grandfather lived with her), and spending time with him when he was well into his 90s. He used to have this picture of my great grandmother on his dresser. I remember when he was too ill to get out of bed, he would look at her picture, tear up a bit, and say, "wasn't she the most beautiful thing you ever saw". :) Good memories!

Good memories to have for sure :love

Back
Top Bottom