The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-29 Days to set day! I guess we don't have any known Emu hatchers. Oh well maybe someone will jump in late on that one.

Two fun chicken facts for today.

The record for multiple egg yolks found in one chicken egg is 9!
The largest chicken egg ever laid weighed a pound and had a double yolk and shell.
ep.gif

I tried! I searched all the usual nest sites, even the ones that they think I don't know about. I looked and looked for an emu egg to set, but I didn't find one, not even one! Maybe next year!

In the meantime, I will look for an emu. That could make finding an egg to hatch easier......
i saw emu eggs on ebay the other day!... as much as i would love to do them, i would be shot, skinned alive, and buried if i ever brought one of those home!!!!
idunno.gif
i really don't see what the problem would be...

I know this is a hatch a long for incubators, I just wanted to send an updated picture of my hen and her chicks. She took them out of the nest today...

She has 9 of them

I tried! I searched all the usual nest sites, even the ones that they think I don't know about. I looked and looked for an emu egg to set, but I didn't find one, not even one! Maybe next year!

In the meantime, I will look for an emu. That could make finding an egg to hatch easier......
Too funny!
lol.png

I know this is a hatch a long for incubators, I just wanted to send an updated picture of my hen and her chicks. She took them out of the nest today...

She has 9 of them
Very cute :)

I know this is a hatch a long for incubators, I just wanted to send an updated picture of my hen and her chicks. She took them out of the nest today... She has 9 of them
As far as I know, you can hatch under a Broody for this too. You just set the eggs under her at the same time as the incubators.

I love broodies. The only problem i have is that they all seem to want to do it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom