The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Eggs set, and now we wait...

About to run to the p.o. to get the last of my shipped eggs. The idiot (not my normal postal carrier) wouldn't come in the yard because I didn't have my dog tied up. Really? Smh. So yeah, the last dozen may not get set til tomorrow. we'll see how the air cells look.

I won't be home at noon so I just set the ones I have... 32 Barred English Orps, Lemon cuckko Orps and Bantam Cochins. Hoping my eggs I get Monday, silkes, will arrive intact so I'll add another 7 to this set. Unless I throw in more from my flock...
1f601.png

Holy cramoli you guys! I ordered a dozen eggs from the breeder I went through for Cream Legbars. She told me that she'd sent 'a few extra.

She sent 12 extra. I ordered a dozen. Where am I going to put 24 eggs in my little octo bator? Hahaha what a wonderful problem.

I'm thinking of setting the bluest eggs, then check for development at 7 days. If I have quitters, I'll pop in the extras. Yes they'll be old, but the quitters are for sure not going to make it, and the extras still might. I just hate wasting those eggs.

I finally plugged in the incubator. Completely forgot to crank it on yesterday. Guess I'll set sometime late afternoon, will have whatever is laid today to add so 14 or 15 eggs.

Are we to take a photo of eggs in incubator when posting number set?

I set 10 pekin eggs this morning.
I have 4 in the bator set to hatch April 4,5.
I staggered set the first ones. Still not sure what I see when I candle those 4.
I noticed one was definitely a dud and pitched it last week, it was oddly shaped and different color. I also messed up and rinsed that one. oops.
Im learning the 4 eggs in the bator are my first set I ever set, and this mornings 10, are the second.
Wish me luck..
The first 4 are Pekin also.
Hubby won't let me have a roo, but he did bring me 4 chicks the other day, Im thinking he has developed our chicken math habits..lol
yesss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom