The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to everyone who has chicks already!
woot.gif

No pips or peeps yet here.
sad.png
I keep chirping to the babies to encourage them. The broody BO who I gave 4 eggs to is sitting tight and hasn't moved since I gave her the eggs! I guess she knows it is Lockdown too!
roll.png
I checked my journal and my first pip last year was on Thursday evening. I think I set the eggs a few hours earlier this year, but of course the temp could have been a bit higher or lower overall last year. Trying to distract myself with other things, and only check on the eggs every hour or so...
fl.gif

Ace...so you don't...refill....

I don't refill either. I have a time keeping my humidity down during hatch. During hatch, I have to remove the two cups with sponges that I place in the incubator at lockdown. During hatch I keep wiping the windows to keep moisture down. When all the eggs start pipping and zipping I suppose that supplies all the moisture needed from inside the eggs.

I have 15 chicks so far with lots of pips and zips yet to hatch.

Is it impossible to keep up reading this thread? It seems that I stay 20 pages behind on my reading.

Is it impossible to keep up reading this thread? It seems that I stay 20 pages behind on my reading.
yes. I come back every hour or so when I get a minute and its like around 125-150 unread posts. Had to skip large sections
sad.png

Well, looks like I'm not getting Amy Easter chicks this year. My incubator got unplugged and I have no idea how long it's been that way

So I have to share some of my early hatchers. We just started day 20 about an hour ago. I have 12 more pips that I can see and a couple that look close to zipping. That leaves me with 16 left to do something.

I hope that you guys that are waiting for pips and zips get some soon!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom