The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to check the bator and we had 4 new hatchers in there. (Up to 26 hatchers so far I believe and I think I have 5 left expected to hatch and 4 I don't.) When I went to move them, I noticead this:

Any advice??? It's dry, (at least the outside.) Not bloody or gooey. The chick is very active appears to be strong. The chick hatched sometime between 7 am and 9:30 am this morning.

Good morning BYC peeps!
You crazy people with early chicks! Showing them off to all of us and making on-time hatcher feel the heat. You're all driving me crazy! Making me think my hatch has gone bad because I don't have ANY action yet.

Luckily I am patient...and I know, our time will come! Us on-timers will soon be able to shout it from the roof tops and brag on BYC...My chicks were on time! I laugh in the faces of the early hatcher, knowing that their earlying hatching pride will be diminised and the on-timers will rule BYC!

Good morning BYC peeps!
You crazy people with early chicks! Showing them off to all of us and making on-time hatcher feel the heat. You're all driving me crazy! Making me think my hatch has gone bad because I don't have ANY action yet.

Luckily I am patient...and I know, our time will come! Us on-timers will soon be able to shout it from the roof tops and brag on BYC...My chicks were on time! I laugh in the faces of the early hatcher, knowing that their earlying hatching pride will be diminised and the on-timers will rule BYC!
Awe, that's so sweet.
tongue2.gif
lol

:weee I woke up to find two new chicks had hatched and one just zipped and popped out. Five altogether so far. I have four pips and 6 eggs I'm still watching for activity. I had 15 that went into lockdown. I'll get more pictures later this morning.:caf
My incubator isn't nearly as neat and organized as some that I've seen on this thread. I commend you. My chicks are slobs.:idunno

:lau

I woke up to my first quail :ya
I don't see any other pips in that bator yet so I think I'm going to hurry up and get a brooder put together.
The other bator is going crazy :jumpy :pop

I went to check the bator and we had 4 new hatchers in there. (Up to 26 hatchers so far I believe and I think I have 5 left expected to hatch and 4 I don't.) When I went to move them, I noticead this:

Any advice??? It's dry, (at least the outside.) Not bloody or gooey. The chick is very active appears to be strong. The chick hatched sometime between 7 am and 9:30 am this morning.

I'd put it in a cup that it can't get out of so that can finish absorbing.

Slightly damp paper towel in the bottom of a nice deep coffee mug, and back in the hatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom