The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I don't sell to the public anymore. Too much aggravation. My feed store loves me and wish I would just become a hatchery. :lol:

Thanks, Ron. At this point it isn't going to effect me much.

:hugs  Sorry to hear that, Nate. Any chance they could go on a collecting spree before the 2 week window for fertility is up and send you some?

They are keeping them for themselves... They said to call in a few months to see, but that's not hatching time for me... Lol I am trying to find someone...

Quote: That sucks. I hope someone can send you some eggs. I know we have at LEAST one person that raises them, but I can't remember his name to tag him. Wish I could help you more.
hmm.png

Added 20 more eggs. Attempting my first staggered hatch!
I'm planning to do that soon. My old bator is still good if I fix the hole in it. I plan to use it for hatching only if it can continue to hold a steady temp. Second heat burn it's gotten, but this one is inside the lid.
I have 8 days til lockdown on the first clutch, so 8 days to make a coolerbator.

Well this is a buncha crap. What is the shelf life for these various meds?
I was wondering that too.
[COLOR=0000CD]All the large farming operations already have a veterinarian on staff, so this is no big deal to them. This will only really be a problem for the small farm operations. Surprise, surprise... :duc [/COLOR] [COLOR=006400]Today's hatch[/COLOR] :D [COLOR=8B4513]And I found out something interesting today - when you breed a Svarthöna (fibromelanistic) to a cockerel split to chocolate and the resulting chick (it's a girl!! :celebrate ) is chocolate, it makes EVERYTHING chocolate![/COLOR] :thumbsup [COLOR=8B4513]The comb, the beak, the legs and all are chocolate! I imagine the bones and meat will be chocolate, too. I haven't been able to get myself to eat the black meat on the Svarthöna culls yet[/COLOR] :confused: [COLOR=8B4513], but chocolate chicken?[/COLOR] :/ [COLOR=8B4513] Maybe... [/COLOR]
Chocolate colored chickens.. Hmmm wonder how they taste? Lol
A friend of mine took a photo of a silkie that she bought from me..and got this! She made the Valentine's Day quotes for it. Have to share. Note, the heart butt! How cute is that??
12734171_10154611356414778_5962734810670679476_n.jpg
EEs are fertile and CAKE's in the oven! :weee
Best use of checking fertility!!
So "show girls" is an actual breed ? I've been thinking it was good SOP chickens at a poultry show. :confused:
I don't know they were a breed either. Hopefully mine will hatch only showing development on 6 out of 17 shipped. Lockdown in two days

Back
Top Bottom