The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I hatched 7 of 9 honas!

(If I keep posting this joke, eventually someone will laugh.
hide.gif
)

lau.gif
Resistance is futile!

Have you ever seen one hatch like this?

One other hatched silvery with pink toes, but the other five are very dark.

I've never had one this light. I imagine it will have lots of color leakage as an adult.

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1074649/the-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/5490#post_16602892 layout=inline]I hatched 7 of 9 honas![/CONTENTEMBED] (If I keep posting this joke, eventually someone will laugh. :oops: ) [COLOR=0000CD]:lau Resistance is futile![/COLOR] Have you ever seen one hatch like this? One other hatched silvery with pink toes, but the other five are very dark. [COLOR=800080]I've never had one this light. I imagine it will have lots of color leakage as an adult.[/COLOR]
Luckily he's the one that DD has chosen as her new best friend. :/ Oh well. His dad has a good personality, so he can live with the layers.

Anything red I go get the occult blood tester, but I may have PTSD about coccidia. I have become a professional poo inspector. 
not crazy, after some research her feces look exactly like the ones that tested positive. I will take her to my vets office first thing and see if they can test her.

So I candled my pre HAL. THE 7 Orust eggs all have VEINS and Embryos!
wee.gif
One Twentse has veins and an em brio.
yesss.gif
Two others may have the start of veins. The four Neiders don't seem to have anything.
hit.gif
I think my bator is running slightly cool. The thermostat is a Celsius one so I have it set on 38.0˚. But I am thinking that I need it on 38.5˚ because they seem to be coming along slow. I am checking the calendar but I set these guys on Friday the 12th. I am just now getting bean sized embryos and veins. At this rate I will have to have them hatching in the bottom while I start the quail eggs in the top.

So I candled my pre HAL. THE 7 Orust eggs all have VEINS and Embryos!:weee One Twentse has veins and an em brio.:yesss: Two others may have the start of veins. The four Neiders don't seem to have anything.:hit I think my bator is running slightly cool. The thermostat is a Celsius one so I have it set on 38.0˚. But I am thinking that I need it on 38.5˚ because they seem to be coming along slow.  I am checking the calendar but I set these guys on Friday the 12th. I am just now getting bean sized embryos and veins. At this rate I will have to have them hatching in the bottom while I start the quail eggs in the top.

Always have multiple thermometers. Do you have any additional to compare your readings to?

Hey everyone! I'd love to join in on this Hatch-A-Long! I've never participated in something like this before but it sounds so much fun. I haven't had any luck finding EE's locally, my TSC rarely ever gets them, and most online hatcheries are either already back ordered or require a minimum that I just don't want.... and I REALLY want some, so I'm caving and ordering some eggs on Ebay. I hatched some SLW/GLW that I ordered on Ebay back in the fall and sadly my hatch rate really wasn't all that great. 38 eggs, 9 hatched, 7 survived, 4 are roos (Anyone want a GLW roo?) -_- So here's to hoping that I might be a bit more successful with EE chicks! And just in time for Easter!

My main question is... I believe the person I'm ordering from will ship me two dozen eggs either monday or tuesday. So if I receive the eggs thursday or friday, will it be extra bad if I wait until saturday to incubate them for the hatch-a-long? I know there's already some risk of them being damaged in shipping, and the fresher the egg the better, I'm just wondering if the extra day or two of settling before incubating would cause any extra problems. If not, I'm totally in!

Welcome to the hatch-a-long! So glad you could join!
frow.gif

As long as they are under ten days old they should hatch with-out a problem. Eggs will hatch after this too, though they aren't quite as likely. I'd say go for it!
woot.gif

I want to join!

Welcome!

What do you plan on setting?

So I candled my pre HAL. THE 7 Orust eggs all have VEINS and Embryos!
wee.gif
One Twentse has veins and an em brio.
yesss.gif
Two others may have the start of veins. The four Neiders don't seem to have anything.
hit.gif
I think my bator is running slightly cool. The thermostat is a Celsius one so I have it set on 38.0˚. But I am thinking that I need it on 38.5˚ because they seem to be coming along slow. I am checking the calendar but I set these guys on Friday the 12th. I am just now getting bean sized embryos and veins. At this rate I will have to have them hatching in the bottom while I start the quail eggs in the top.

Keep us updated. Congrats on all the good eggs!
thumbsup.gif

I hope all your Neiders do well
fl.gif

So I candled my pre HAL. THE 7 Orust eggs all have VEINS and Embryos!:weee One Twentse has veins and an em brio.:yesss: Two others may have the start of veins. The four Neiders don't seem to have anything.:hit I think my bator is running slightly cool. The thermostat is a Celsius one so I have it set on 38.0˚. But I am thinking that I need it on 38.5˚ because they seem to be coming along slow.  I am checking the calendar but I set these guys on Friday the 12th. I am just now getting bean sized embryos and veins. At this rate I will have to have them hatching in the bottom while I start the quail eggs in the top.
should be close to 100.6 or so at 38 c.
101 is 38.333333.......

Wishing those good luck on receiving your eggs in great shape!

I found my eggs I'm going to set right next door...well, almost. From the town next door. Silkie eggs. He has some SG's in there too. I am not in need of any more layers, and the ones I don't want to keep should sell easily around here. :)

Back
Top Bottom