The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I think dimentia might be setting in hard. I pulled the chick out and gave it some electrolytes a poly vi sol with a tiny bit of gro-gel mixed in. Set it down on the table for a second and it scuttled toward my hand. . .on its feet. I swear i need a keeper. I think it was staying squatted down because it was cold. I have a mama brooder heating pad set up in the inside brooder and apparently it was up too high for the littles to get warm.
hmm.png
So i dropped it down and tucked the little goober up under it. I might have to retire from chickens to save whats left of my sanity. Thanks everyone for your help.

I will be your keeper if you will be mine.
hugs.gif
I think you may have the harder job though. I'm glad your chickie is ok.
ya.gif
Vitamins do wonders!
Just let my husband in on 1/10th of the plans I have. He got a pained look on his face and went to Lowes. I know the lecture is coming.
gig.gif

If he knew all of it I think he would go to bed and pull the covers over his head. He tells me not to tell him because he gets overwhelmed, so I comply (or do I mean buy).
jumpy.gif

I mean.....he told me not to tell him....
idunno.gif
My sanity is gone. I no longer have to worry about it.

My test hatches are going well, 7 out of 8 chicken eggs are developing which is very good considering they were refrigerated for over a week. 8 of my silver quail eggs seem to be developing well but 2 have huge air cells so not sure if those will make it.

I did just "accidentally" buy some call duck eggs of ebay
big_smile.png
hide.gif
celebrate.gif
. Too late for the H-A-L but still gonna be fun to hatch some calls
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Now I just gotta make a bigger incubator so I can SET ALL THE EGGS!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

(Too many posts recently, I skipped some pages
hide.gif
)

Most probably haven't heard of this breed. Orust chicken I just heard of it my self yesterday. I got to have some. I'm bidding on eggs on eBay right now wish me luck. This bird is super exotic.

I got some in the bator right now. They came as part of a rare variety pack. Have veins in all of them though the others two kinds aren't progressing as much. I ticked my bator up to 101˚F to see if I can bring them along. I know your eggcited too!
jumpy.gif

I will be your keeper if you will be mine.
hugs.gif
I think you may have the harder job though. I'm glad your chickie is ok.
ya.gif
Vitamins do wonders!
Just let my husband in on 1/10th of the plans I have. He got a pained look on his face and went to Lowes. I know the lecture is coming.
gig.gif

If he knew all of it I think he would go to bed and pull the covers over his head. He tells me not to tell him because he gets overwhelmed, so I comply (or do I mean buy).
jumpy.gif

I mean.....he told me not to tell him....
idunno.gif
My sanity is gone. I no longer have to worry about it.
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom