The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Let me know if you think of the name and I might look into them! The first EE eggs I ordered were from Colorado too but they came from Simple Earth Farm/The Ritzy Peep in Castle Rock. They were pretty well wrapped the same way but USPS was rough on them anyway!

I'll go look it up in my mail box. I went to e-bay to post if they had any, but didn't see them. Here is one of the girls from that last hatch, well. . will post one with three in it too.

Let me know if you think of the name and I might look into them! The first EE eggs I ordered were from Colorado too but they came from Simple Earth Farm/The Ritzy Peep in Castle Rock. They were pretty well wrapped the same way but USPS was rough on them anyway!

Found the name..P-and-P-Poultry. Calhan CO.

I was wondering...

How old is your oldest chicken?

smile.png

My oldest is 4.5 years old. She is my only chicken that is named, her name is Hawk. She is a good old easter egger from before I knew the difference. She still lays an egg a day.

Our oldest chicken is a Barred Rock Hen named Sphinx. She is 8 1/2 years old! She has a few crooked toes (must have been stepped on/broken when she was younger), but otherwise she is perky and in good health! She hasn't started laying yet this spring, but last year she laid 5 eggs in one week during an egg watch! We have several daughters & granddaughters from her - want to keep the longevity and good laying genes going!

All your chickens sound like great chickens and thise EEs are gorgeous! Hope my Barred Rock and EEs are as good layers as those!

I don't have an oldest bird since all mine were born on the same day, October 26th 2015, and these are our first chickens. Came from Meyer. However I do hope to add Speckled Sussex, some Wyandottes, and some different color Orpingtons eventually! And maybe some heritage ones instead of hatchery ones too.

Right now we have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers.

Waiting patiently for eggs! Hopefully any day now but I know it could be another month yet LOL

I see a lot of people are getting their eggs! Including me!
ya.gif
Anyone else getting EE eggs from the Hutson's? Can't remember their e-bay name, they are in Colorado..P-Psomething on e-bay. I just wrote them and asked if they had eggs yet, because..last time, I had 29 babies hatch out of 32 that went into lock down..they sent 36. Their eggs are fertile! Plus, I love love how they pack!

I open the box, and see..bubble wrap! I move a little aside, and
see..more bubble wrap..the big stuff.

They put eggs in two different 18 count cartons. I ordered 20.

Under the box, is more big bubble wrap!

The next carton.

That's a lot of Bubble wrap!

They are wrapped in nice thick paper towels.

I have a few of her EE's out there that I just love! Can't wait until
they start laying eggs..like these! Would any of you call these
F1 OE color?

The blue egg color doesn't show up.. :/ There are three really blue blue eggs in there. And some are quite green..no blue hint.

Anyway, they said they had a lot of people ordering for the hatch a long. Would love to know who...then we could compare how our hatch is going with these eggs. I can almost guarantee fertility on these!

I see a lot of people are getting their eggs! Including me!
ya.gif
Anyone else getting EE eggs from the Hutson's? Can't remember their e-bay name, they are in Colorado..P-Psomething on e-bay. I just wrote them and asked if they had eggs yet, because..last time, I had 29 babies hatch out of 32 that went into lock down..they sent 36. Their eggs are fertile! Plus, I love love how they pack!

I open the box, and see..bubble wrap! I move a little aside, and
see..more bubble wrap..the big stuff.

They put eggs in two different 18 count cartons. I ordered 20.

Under the box, is more big bubble wrap!

The next carton.

That's a lot of Bubble wrap!

They are wrapped in nice thick paper towels.

I have a few of her EE's out there that I just love! Can't wait until
they start laying eggs..like these! Would any of you call these
F1 OE color?

The blue egg color doesn't show up.. :/ There are three really blue blue eggs in there. And some are quite green..no blue hint.

Anyway, they said they had a lot of people ordering for the hatch a long. Would love to know who...then we could compare how our hatch is going with these eggs. I can almost guarantee fertility on these!
LIke this????

Bob is beautiful! Thor is my dominate Roo. I have two Roos now and more to come. But I don't think anyone will D throne Thor. Hey watches iver his girls like no other iv ever seen.
I have Bob's twin Larry, but Bob is the boss. Great with the ladies, finds them food, protects them very well. Even attacked my Golden Retriever when he was sniffing up the girls. Lol quite the sight to see a 90 pound bird dog getting chased by an 8 pound chicken lol.

Back
Top Bottom