The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

27 egg set today, March 4th midday.

13 (one is a pullet egg) Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
14 bantam Araucana, some pure some mixed (the beige tiny eggs are mixed)

Set in my Brinsea Eco 20 with auto turn cradle. They are shipped eggs so I will wait 24 hours before plugging it in.

*to be noted, the pullet BLRW egg is broken on the tip and one of the blue Araucana eggs has a spider crack on a side. They typically quit but I thought I'd try!!!

That's my Easter Hatch-A-Long entry!

Can't upload the photo I wanted, because>>>it had been taken by someone on BYC come to find out..and had taken the photos off. :p Darn, that was a pretty blue barred rock too.

Last edited:
MY EGGS HAVE ARRIVED SAFELY!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Well packaged and all in good condition
yesss.gif

Incubator is up to temp and running smoothly, so fingers crossed all 24 will be set for the hatch along tomorrow
yippiechickie.gif
Nice packaging!! Wow..now..what are they? Can't remember if you said...
tongue.png

I have BBS Plymouth Rocks! I won hatching eggs from Brookhavens on BYC for my Natural Egg photo in the E-HAL several years ago. Since then I have bred them with a couple of standard Barred Rocks (including our 8 yr old hen Sphinx!) and I have all the color varieties right now - Black Barred, Blue Barred, Solid Blue, Solid Black, and Splash! The splash hens do not have any visible barring, they look pretty much like any other splash hen - white with random grey/blue feathers but I did have one splash rooster a couple of years back, and he DID have some barring on his neck feathers... I think I have a picture of him...

It is kind of hard to see in these pictures, since he wasn't full grown, but you can see one or two barred feathers coming out on his neck in the lower pic...

The blue hens are very pretty, since they usually have a darker shade of blue around their head and neck. Here is an example...

Oh my goodness! I love these birds!

Question for all the experts:  I candled my shipped eggs last night, and one had a detached air cell. Quite a few others were saddle-shaped.  Will it help them to let them rest (in an egg carton under my sink where it is cool) until tomorrow?  Had planned on setting tomorrow but if it will hurt them to stay for another day, I'd start them this evening.

I'm letting mine rest for 24 hours. Like you I have saddle cells from shipping.

Checkef on my broody hen and her eggs this am. After taking a beating from momma hen I got a quick peak at her eggs and see several pips! No wonder she was so aggressive today.

Back
Top Bottom