The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Question, this chicks back side seems swollen had not notice it till I picked it up. I thought it was pasty butt but the vent is not plugged. It's running and eating well but this is how the vent looks what could it be and how can I help

Question, this chicks back side seems swollen had not notice it till I picked it up. I thought it was pasty butt but the vent is not plugged. It's running and eating well but this is how the vent looks what could it be and how can I help

What does it's poop look like?

-Kathy

Okay all made an awesome discovery and wondering on if I should or not discovered that the last spot by the turner motor has a removable cover... Now to put an egg there or not to put an egg there is the question.. I know I should have known that but the most eggs I've ever incubated at a time was 21. So my question is should I put an egg there and if I do how often would I need to switch it out with a different egg to keep it from overheating?

Got my eggs today from mypetchicken. Thank you again MPC for your generosity in providing past present and hopefully future prizes for contests. I got four EE, two bcm, and an OE from them and I am in love! I never realized how beautiful olive eggs are and I did need some chocolate eggs in my basket. Hope they all hatch and are all pullets!!!
smile.png
and thank you for the extra! Best trick or treat I ever got
wink.png

Tomorrow DH2B and I will be sorting through and setting all the best eggs we've saved from our own flock as well as the shipped eggs from MPC can't wait! We're also playing around with the egg shape sexing as in the thread on BYC. It seems pretty cool and may help up the pullet vs cockeral ratio a little.

We will give final numbers after setting tomorrow but right now we're planning on setting the MPC eggs, slw, slw/EE mixes, slw/buff Orpington mixes, silkies and a couple slw/Isa brown mixes BC DH2B thinks we're going to invent a new amazing layer and make millions
wink.png
yep and he "doesn't really" like the birds... Well mostly the bantams he thinks they're worthless and doesn't see what I see in them.

If you are worried about an egg over-heating, I wouldn't suggest putting one there.
However... I can't help but think common sense and people hatching chickens don't go together well. It could be worth a try to slip just one more in.
big_smile.png

@mlm Mike I promise I won't add anymore eggs after this. The final count is 90 and it's not going any higher.

@LocalYokel I finally got a pic of Marble for you. It's still gross in that pen, but she was by herself so I took it.

Here's the rest of the flock(s)

Blizzard and his girls plus Ducky Girl.

Saint and some of his girls. Marble is in this pen.

Oddball and Jewel. Jet is moving in with them soon. Jewel is starting to look rough. I have no eggs from them for this hatch. @Amberjem this is my dancing roo.

Talos and his girls Nocturnal and Azura.

I'll get a pic of Jet after I move her.

@mlm Mike I promise I won't add anymore eggs after this. The final count is 90 and it's not going any higher. @LocalYokel I finally got a pic of Marble for you. It's still gross in that pen, but she was by herself so I took it. Here's the rest of the flock(s) Blizzard and his girls plus Ducky Girl. Saint and some of his girls. Marble is in this pen. Oddball and Jewel. Jet is moving in with them soon. Jewel is starting to look rough. I have no eggs from them for this hatch. @Amberjem this is my dancing roo. Talos and his girls Nocturnal and Azura. I'll get a pic of Jet after I move her.
:love She's so beautiful And ya got a wonderful assortment of chickens

Back
Top Bottom