The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

tongue2.gif
oh My! I haven't set! Stupid cabinet is giving me temp issues all of a sudden and I have one of the hatchers hatching at the moment!! ughhhh hope a quick hatch and cleanout will get some of these in, and if I have to dig one of the other cabinets out!! danggggg
2016-03-04.jpg
Oyyy hope you figure it out!!! :hugs

27 egg set today, March 4th midday.

13 (one is a pullet egg) Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
14 bantam Araucana, some pure some mixed (the beige tiny eggs are mixed)

Set in my Brinsea Eco 20 with auto turn cradle. They are shipped eggs so I will wait 24 hours before plugging it in.

*to be noted, the pullet BLRW egg is broken on the tip and one of the blue Araucana eggs has a spider crack on a side. They typically quit but I thought I'd try!!!

That's my Easter Hatch-A-Long entry!

Yay! Someone else is hatching blrw! I'll be setting mine tomorrow. :)

What did you use to repair the cracked ones? I patched one with candle wax last year and it hatched. Good luck with yours!

Some egg pictures I took today:

This is a fertile duck egg

This is a fertile duck egg from the same nest that I incubated for 24 hours:

-Kathy

My eggs are officially set. 13 total for the HAL, the others will hatch much before. This is the fullest my incubator has ever been

Detached a rail for the eggs that have rolling/saddle-shaped air cells

Checked my incubator, eggs on day 20 and I have 2 pips whoohoo. Went to the coop tp put the girls to bed and hear chirping. Took a look under my broody and she hatched 1 and has several pips and zips happening!!! Going to be a darn good night!!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Set my 30 Backyard mixes & EEs today. I also have 6 Cayuga duck eggs in the incubator but they'll hatch a week before the chicken eggs.
Total set= 30

:jumpy [COLOR=FF0000]Tomorrow is set day for Chicken eggs![/COLOR] :jumpy

other bantam and LF chicken: 21 days to hatch; set March 5th

I've been saving up my own mixed eggs all week to sort through and set tomorrow... and I'll be taking a little road trip in the morning to pick up CLs, EEs, & OEs from a fellow BYC member! Excited about the CL as they carry the recessive white that I'm hoping for:) Will update with quantities, its going to be big (for me anyway lol) as this will be my last hatch of the season so I can grow them up before winter. It'll make for a fun summer of growing and sorting what to keep..

Back
Top Bottom