The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

We don't have a mini, but an eco 20 ans I just love it. I suspect you will be very happy with it!
Thanks! I sure hope so!
LOVE my Brinseas! Yes plural. I have the mini, the Eco 20 and just bought the Eco 40. They are good incubators.
Oh my goodness, that is quite the collection! I guess that speaks volumes that you kept with the same brand! Do you have to adjust the Eco often as far as temp goes, or is it pretty steady?

Enter this first one in the mama with babies contest.
I certainly did
1f604.png

A few years ago I seem to remember a group of scientists that had developed a chicken embryo that grew a longer tail. Put these two together and you have a dinosaur. :oops:

WHOA!! Someone should do that! Though of course, they still have chicken tendencies. Someone should do it with the original wild chickens (if they still exist?) Or OEGB or game birds. Something wild. OR. With an emu or ostrich and have a big dinosaur!?

Set these today at 1 pm. I hope all 21 hatch!
smile.png
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

Just set! 43!

8 ISA brown X giant Cochin
17 giant Cochin. Some may be half bantam Cochin
18 Mille fleur bantam Cochins
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

I set 30 eggs last night around 10; not the best idea since I could hardly sleep last night. I stayed up 'til 3 checking to make sure the temp stabilized. There are 12 French Black Copper Marans, 6 assorted silkies, 6 assorted Orpingtons, all picked up locally yesterday. The other six are from my flock: 2 Polish, 3 Cochin and one Ameraucana crossed with a Salmon Faverolles roo. The Maran eggs came from a really nice person who first told me they had lots of orders for eggs and young chickens who were not laying well yet. I told them about this Hatch-A-Long I wanted to participate in and that I really wanted to include a few dark brown eggs. I offered to pay more than their very reasonable price, and they agreed. When I picked them up they just gave me a dozen eggs! All they asked was that I let them know how well they hatch and if I have too many, they would gladly take them back! Feeling very blessed!
yesss.gif
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

I set 30 eggs
12 Americana
13 Araucana
5 Silkie
HAPPY HATCHING EVERYBODY
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

15 eggs set. 1 of which cracked in the process.
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif
Sorry one cracked.

Last minute joiner! Set my eggs I received from @KYTinpusher . Some beautiful isbar eggs, 2 black Ameraucanas and some from a chocolate green egger project!
Welcome! How many did you set?
hu.gif

I just set 40 eggs
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

Last week I set 16 Ancona duck eggs for the HAL. Just now I candled them and all 16 are developing! Both fertility and livability have improved over the batch I set four weeks ago. Hooray! On track for a great hatch. Good luck everyone!
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

Just set 60 eggs! The countdown begins!
big_smile.png

Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

set 37 eggs for the Hatch a long, Soooooo exited
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
love.gif
Thank You! Good Luck!
fl.gif

Hatching Participant / Number Set list is current to Post 6875

Last edited:
What about the family members who BUY you more chicks just because they "looked lonely" when they went to get something unrelated.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

My first chicks were two Welsummers, and a couple days later, I come home to my Dad putting 12 more chicks in a huge brooder box he made out of cardboard! That's how it all started by accident. I kinda begged for the two chicks, because id always wanted chickens.

Back
Top Bottom