The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

:lau A dino-emu would be awesome! Might wanna build a VERY secure cage first though LOL 

Hi Lozuufy how's Ratty? Are you the one that had the pigeon hatch for the NY Hal?

As for the emu dinosaur Google how scientists are bringing back the dinosaurs using the humble chicken. Emu are mentioned as well as Silkies. Now I know not everything on line is true but just that the thought is there is scary.

Set 63 eggs total today!

5 silkie/ silkie mix
25 EE/ OE/ Marans mix
33 Blue laced red wyandotte

:lau A dino-emu would be awesome! Might wanna build a VERY secure cage first though LOL 

LOL right!?! Dont need a jurassic world incident :p

Hi Lozuufy how's Ratty? Are you the one that had the pigeon hatch for the NY Hal?

As for the emu dinosaur Google how scientists are bringing back the dinosaurs using the humble chicken. Emu are mentioned as well as Silkies. Now I know not everything on line is true but just that the thought is there is scary.

Haven't seen this specific article but that's actually how this conversation started! If you go back a bit someone mentioned how they changed the genes in a chicken embryo to make a snout instead of beak and then Lozuufy mentioned how a few years ago someone made chickens have longer tails and if you combined them then you'd have a dino chicken and i thought why not a dino emu lol

The 24 hour rule is my rule LOL.

It takes that long sometimes when you add the eggs for the temperature to stabalize. The two to four hour rule is between adjustments later in incubation. For example, if the incubator is too low, increase the setting and wait two hours before increasing more.

This is what you do for setting the eggs:

Turn on the incubator several days before setting and get it stable to the correct temperature.
Set the eggs and do not touch it for 24 hours
After 24 hours, if the temperature needs to be adjusted, increase or decrease in small increments and wait 2 to 4 hours before adjusting again.

I hope this helps!
Thanks ronott, I had already done everything you suggested. I just couldn't go to sleep until the temp looked good. It's my first hatch, so I'm probably overly concerned. The temp and humidity both look good, so I should get a good night's sleep tonight!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom