The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Just let us know. We have some cool stuff hatching this weekend. Are those our silkies that you are talking about? A predator got all of our silkie breeders. I am still mourning.
That's sad. Sorry to hear that. I just got my very first silkie chicks yesterday. I know I shouldn't have favorites yet but I can't help it. This is Silver. My only one like this. I've got 3 others but this angle is so cute. Is that foot coloring normal?

Last edited:
Some of you are bad influences, so I candled my HAL eggs a day early. 41 eggs, 6 clear, 2 blood rings, that leaves me with 33 developing. Plus the 11 in my other incubator that are three days farther along. Good grief, how am I going to brood 40+ chicks? My biggest brood prior to this was 7. Am I officially a chicken addict now?

I'm being really good. I only checked my shipped eggs that I marked with bad air cells. The others will be a surprise today.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
oh I hope I have good development. I'm trying a hatch without the auto egg turner because of the poor hatch rates before. I'll update later.

That's sad. Sorry to hear that. I just got my very first silkie chicks yesterday. I know I shouldn't have favorites yet but I can't help it. This is Silver. My only one like this. I've got 3 others but this angle is so cute. Is that foot coloring normal?
so cute! Don't worry, I have a favorite, too-my little polish chick. Yes, silkies are black-skinned

Last edited:
still having trouble with the humidity.. emptied the water the best that I could.. holding at 70. put in a humidity thermometer and it is reading the same. will keep opening the lid once in a while for a short time to release the moisture. on day 5 now. live in Ohio. lot of rain lately, maybe that has something to do with it. have the incubator in a heated room kept at 64.

Back
Top Bottom