The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

It's 2am and my chicken coop is in smolderes. Fire killed 16 3 week olds. I'm depressed now. NEVER PUT A HEATLAMP , even 1 with emergency shut off, in a coop.
hugs.gif
Sorry to hear that
hugs.gif

We had a huge micro burst roll through. I was in a room, and wondered what in the world was going on with the attick..it was creaking.  At first I thought ... someone is walking around upstairs..wait!  I am upstairs.  Then I heard the wind!  Wow, we've had them before, but never this hard, or fast.
  DH went outside to check the roof, I went out and checked the chickens.  They were just standing there..all accounted for. lol....the roof...not so funny.

Gosh I'm glad you and chickens were safe!

It's 2am and my chicken coop is in smolderes. Fire killed 16 3 week olds. I'm depressed now. NEVER PUT A HEATLAMP , even 1 with emergency shut off, in a coop.

Thanks you for sharing about the light. I was thinking of using the heatlamp I bought as my neighbor may need her heating plate back for Easter. Not anymore sorry about your disaster. Awful

Thanks you for sharing about the light. I was thinking of using the heatlamp I bought as my neighbor may need her heating plate back for Easter. Not anymore sorry about your disaster. Awful

Please don't. I can't get the image of those tiny bodies out of my head. I was sick last night due to everything that happened this week and forgot to close the door to the run. That is the only thing that saves my adults. They could get out.

As for the heater. I had the one with a safety flip device but firefighter says it happened so fast it didn't have time to kick in.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm just trying to minimize the chance of my kids seeing it. We will clean up and try to build a new coop this weekend before they notice.

Going to be hard. I'm already crying again just thinking about it. My entire Val hatch is dead, my coop is gone and my older birds are terrified but thankfully seem unharmed. I'll let them calm down and check them later today. Any suggestions if any have burns??

Please don't. I can't get the image of those tiny bodies out of my head. I was sick last night due to everything that happened this week and forgot to close the door to the run. That is the only thing that saves my adults. They could get out.

As for the heater. I had the one with a safety flip device but firefighter says it happened so fast it didn't have time to kick in.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm just trying to minimize the chance of my kids seeing it. We will clean up and try to build a new coop this weekend before they notice.

Going to be hard. I'm already crying again just thinking about it. My entire Val hatch is dead, my coop is gone and my older birds are terrified but thankfully seem unharmed. I'll let them calm down and check them later today. Any suggestions if any have burns??
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom