The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Looks like one of my Silkies went broody on me.
lol.png
I figured Nocturnal would be the first, but nope. It's Azura, the lighter colored girl. She laid an egg this morning and decided she wasn't getting off the nest.If she's serious about it I'll give her a few more eggs.

I love the name Nocturnal! That's awesome!

If you want her hatching for the HAL too then you can give her a few eggs from the incubator. She won't mind them hatching early on her.

Down to 16 eggs. 3 SiAm, 1 BW Am, 5 Phoenix, 1 secret, 6 barnyard mix. 22 were infertile and I had 9 early deaths.
Best of luck with your remaining eggs!
fl.gif

I lost two more chicks today so I'm down to 6 from 12. My humidity was way too high all day today and I think that's what got those two chicks. If all the eggs hatch that are now in there, I'll have a 50% hatch rate. I pray that the rest make it.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Wow! I have had a busy last few days!
th.gif
My test hatch started hatching yesterday morning at 10 AM, with one early chick, and lots of pips, and then yesterday afternoon the other chicks kept hatching one after the other!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
As of right now I have 32 chicks out of 39 eggs, and 3 of the remaining eggs just pipped this morning.
yesss.gif
This is technically the end of day 21 for this hatch. All the hatched chicks pipped in the right place and hatched all on their own! I am very pleased with this hatch, and with my new Ova-Easy incubator!
celebrate.gif

Here are a few pictures of this hatch-in progress...
smile.png

The first chick - egg-surfing and encouraging his hatch-mates...

Starting to get a little crowded...

The first Silkie egg hatching...

The Silkie all fluffed up...

Another Silkie - a Blue one!

Lots of empty egg-shells - the sign of a good hatch!

The latest three arrivals - the hatching tray is starting to look emptier...

Wow! I have had a busy last few days!
th.gif
My test hatch started hatching yesterday morning at 10 AM, with one early chick, and lots of pips, and then yesterday afternoon the other chicks kept hatching one after the other!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
As of right now I have 32 chicks out of 39 eggs, and 3 of the remaining eggs just pipped this morning.
yesss.gif
This is technically the end of day 21 for this hatch. All the hatched chicks pipped in the right place and hatched all on their own! I am very pleased with this hatch, and with my new Ova-Easy incubator!
celebrate.gif

Here are a few pictures of this hatch-in progress...
smile.png

The first chick - egg-surfing and encouraging his hatch-mates...

Starting to get a little crowded...

The first Silkie egg hatching...

The Silkie all fluffed up...

Another Silkie - a Blue one!

Lots of empty egg-shells - the sign of a good hatch!

The latest three arrivals - the hatching tray is starting to look emptier...

Very cute!

Hello everyone! A quick update on our HAL eggs: All 10 grocery store eggs turned out to be unfertilized, surprise surprise. :p So we just discarded those 10 along with 4 RIR/Australorp crosses and 1 Ameraucana/Australorp cross. So now we're left with 12 strong embryos! I'm most excited for the 5 Ameraucana/Australorp crosses we have developing. Anyone have experience with that mix?

Hello everyone! A quick update on our HAL eggs: All 10 grocery store eggs turned out to be unfertilized, surprise surprise. :p So we just discarded those 10 along with 4 RIR/Australorp crosses and 1 Ameraucana/Australorp cross. So now we're left with 12 strong embryos! I'm most excited for the 5 Ameraucana/Australorp crosses we have developing. Anyone have experience with that mix?

I set 15 store eggs and it looks like they were not fertilized too. I set Vital Farms eggs...
hmm.png

I hope the eggs left hatch for you!

I set 15 store eggs and it looks like they were not fertilized too. I set Vital Farms eggs...
hmm.png
Did the cartons say fertile on them?

Hello everyone! A quick update on our HAL eggs: All 10 grocery store eggs turned out to be unfertilized, surprise surprise. :p So we just discarded those 10 along with 4 RIR/Australorp crosses and 1 Ameraucana/Australorp cross. So now we're left with 12 strong embryos! I'm most excited for the 5 Ameraucana/Australorp crosses we have developing. Anyone have experience with that mix? 

I did have an ameraucana/ australorp mix hen. She was black with a pea comb and just a hint of a beard. Good layer. I expected her to lay greenish eggs but she ended up laying blue eggs instead.

Back
Top Bottom