The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I haven't been on BYC much the last few days so there are WAY too many posts to catch up on, but wanted to say that I have 3 pairs of pigeons each sitting on an egg! Of course they laid them too late for the H-A-L
roll.png
but figured I'd mention it anyway. One of the eggs is from Ratty's parents so looks like I might have a Rattytwoie!
tongue.png

@Pensmaster

Day 14 candle. Two blood rings, and one that looks like it made it to about day 5-7. Tiny little guy (it was the egg that has had some funky development all along) :(. So I'm down one Silkie and two Tetra Tint. Down to 13. The rest look pretty good. A couple are questionable...

Day 14:

9 of 13 shipped eggs good, 2 blood rings, 2 clears.
17 of 17 from my flock good so far.

I've tossed the blood rings, but I'm holding on to the clears till the last minute, and definitely keeping my nose on alert.

:frow

Hope your all well :D

Going to candle EHAL eggs in a little while but how to stop myself from looking at the polish that have only been in there for 2 days? :barnie

Got the nasty incubator out for the EHAL eggs if they make it to lockdown :(

A couple had pretty funky air cells on day 10 :/

I haven't been on BYC much the last few days so there are WAY too many posts to catch up on, but wanted to say that I have 3 pairs of pigeons each sitting on an egg!  Of course they laid them too late for the H-A-L :rolleyes: but figured I'd mention it anyway. One of the eggs is from Ratty's parents so looks like I might have a Rattytwoie! :p

@Pensmaster

Awesome will they hatch in April or do they hatch quicker than chickens

You have my thanks but it may be put off. I'm fighting the flu and guess what... My husband starts running a fever this morning
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

If you all have a friend who could get you 3 to 4 pallets you could quickly nail together a shelter and toss a tarp over it to give them someplace out of the weather while you get yourselves from out under the weather.

If you all have a friend who could get you 3 to 4 pallets you could quickly nail together a shelter and toss a tarp over it to give them someplace out of the weather while you get yourselves from out under the weather.

1f60a.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
that is the plan. We have some pallets being delivered tomorrow but if we can't clean up we can't rebuild. Fever, throwing up, pain. Not conducive to building. I think my neighbor is going to help as well. He was here this morning checking on us.

Revised number on my incubator. 94 A&M quail and 4 Sapphire/OE. So fare so good, I dropped the humidity because I wasn't seeing enough drawdown. Hopefully in a couple of days in the high 20's and I will get them where I want them and I can raise the humidity again. I am thinking of raising it slowly and when the eggs going into lockdown then it won't be a sudden change.

Back
Top Bottom