The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Hey Guys! Two of the six eggs I put under my broody silkie hatched! One yesterday and one today.
love.gif

I put them under her on March 1 or 2. How long should I give the other eggs before I toss them?

Three have hatched; a SF/EE, a blue silkie and a Polish. Several more pipped. I'm going to try to get a little sleep haha. :D

I have 3 pips!  Now to go to bed and wake up tomorrow with 3 chicks?  They were supposed to hatch on Saturday, what's the deal?  My hatches are ALWAYS late.  New 'bator is doing a good job!

Happy Hatching everyone!

Try to sleep! :gig

I'm a bit ahead of you on time but I got up at 4.30am to check. Nothing at that time but looked again just before 6 and there the pip was!! I will be needing an afternoon nap :caf

Hey Guys!  Two of the six eggs I put under my broody silkie hatched! One yesterday and one today. :love  

I put them under her on March 1 or 2. How long should I give the other eggs before I toss them?  

I would let your hen decide when the time is right. She will get up to care for her hatched chicks when she feels hatch is done. You can candle any remaining eggs then to see what's happened to them.

Congrats on your new chicks :clap

So I have 6 barnyard layers and 1 silkie born. However, 3 of my barn yard mix eggs are pipped at the wrong end, so my question, is there something I may have done, too hight of heat or low humidity, or anything that would have caused them to pip at the wrong end? or is it just a crap shoot ?

Still just 1 pip. Hoping the other are just a bit behind. Wouldn't have checked them until morning except my sinuses are so stuffed that I woke up exactly 4 hours after my pseudofed ran out. I love spring, really I do...

New kids in town. 2 Midget White Turkeys!
:celebrate

:celebrate

Pipleys! Believe it...or not! :)

:pop

I just checked the incubator one last time before trying to sleep and there was a chick!
How am I supposed to sleep now?!

You won't! :lau

So I have 6 barnyard layers and 1 silkie born. However, 3 of my barn yard mix eggs are pipped at the wrong end, so my question, is there something I may have done, too hight of heat or low humidity, or anything that would have caused them to pip at the wrong end? or is it just a crap shoot ?

How did you store the eggs prior to setting? Did you use a turner? Did you set them fat end up?

Still just 1 pip. Hoping the other are just a bit behind. Wouldn't have checked them until morning except my sinuses are so stuffed that I woke up exactly 4 hours after my pseudofed ran out. I love spring, really I do...

I'm hoping too that my others are just a bit behind, no other pips for me either.
Oh those pesky sinuses :rant
My other half suffers and is bunged up a lot of the time. It tends to be night time too when it's worse. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom