The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Oh and I'm really worried about my eggs just sitting in the incubator... this is the first time I just sat them on the wire for hatching and it's really easy for them to roll. It's not like i can open the incubator at this point...:barnie I'm scared one egg will hatch and roll all of the other eggs, What should I do? Should I be worried? Do you all just put the eggs on the wire? 

It's fine. The little chicks running around, knocking around the eggs will motivate them to pip and zip themselves

Need to raise humidity? Add tampons.

Last edited:

So it's looking like Final Count might be. Eight Orust chicks and 7 barnyard mixes. I still have the other two eggs in the bator incase there late bloomers. The last chick is the one that pipped on the wrong end and I had to do my first assisted hatch. I might keep him. For some reason he's just special to me!
oh my goodness!!! those have to be the cutest chicks EVER!!!

@Sally Sunshine Hi Sally, just a quick update. 7 chicks hatched so far & one is not to far off. The count so far is 4 boys, 3 girls. Come on little girls
fl.gif
come on girlies!!!!!! go Lisa GO!!!!!

WOW, busy and exciting night here. Lots of pipping and hatching!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

TIMELINE OF PIPS ZIPS ETC .......
MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING
post #35770

Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST!
DONT PICK THE PIPS!
post #24611
TIMELINE of a silky HATCHING! NOTE HOW LONG IT TOOK FROM INTERNAL TO ZIPPING post #33770
TIMELINE OF A POLISH HATCHING QUICK HATCHOUT! post #46572

Quote:
So...I understand internal pip...is external pip actually considered when they break through the outer shell? or is that already zipping? I woke up to 4 open little cracks...then a 5th...& now a 6th!!

22 out of 32 so far! Can't wait to get back home from work and see all the new progress! I'll try and post pictures later tonight! On a different note, the chick my 3 year old niece named "Tinkerbell" from my February hatch is looking like a boy :(

Just had to put my free rangers up in there I closed run. Hawk on the prowl my rooster Thor had all the hens in hiding. He's such a good boy. They like to free range the property and help me water the garden and do chores. But I told them trust you like to live better. So there a little mad they aren't free ranging but there safe. I gave them a head of lettuce for a treat to cheer them up.

Have been busy but wanted to pop in and give a quick update. 34 of my 37 backyard mixes went into lockdown wed night. Woke up this morning and had the first external pip. Hoping to have more this afternoon. Don't have time to try and read back missed post but hope everyone's hatch is going well.

Quick check in... Mine went into lockdown last night due to start hatching Easter. I had 1 blood ring- tossed that, 3 clears for the Jubilee Orps, and another tossed. The 3 OEs were to dark to see through even with a 250 lumen flashlight with Cree reflector. The beilefelders, ameracaunas and CLs all had some development of sorts at day 9. So 15 went into lockdown out of 18 and at least 3 were likely a no go but worth trying to see what happens- Especially since I am not the one with the incubator, I just went with my experienced friend said. :) So 9 out of 18 have the possibility of hatching?? Wait and see...

Back
Top Bottom