The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Quote:

no they are sweetgrass but mama is very minimum colored. Will color up more as they age. I wanted midgets white but when I'd go see parents were big. It said on a site I was on to watch out for large midgets so I didn't buy their eggs. Love the sweetgrass their colors are so pretty
HOW PRETTY!!!!!!!

ME TOOOOOOO that kind is pretty, what was the other color we discussed?
go to https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...turkeys&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001 they have some of the most beautiful colored birds there. It is a good thing I don't have a whole lot of land, I'd have a lot of different colored turkeys...
There is photos at this site.

I moved mine out when it was getting crowded, just get some hot water ready and put a little more in your water wells and quickly close it back up.  That is how I do it, and it works for me. the thing is get in and out as fast as you can, pull the chicks, close it up then move babies to the brooder.

Yep I just did it twice when i hear s lot of thumping around in there, but then im definately not an expert since i think most of my chicks died in the bad bator (formerly known as attic bator) due to a broken window. Anyhow since ive opened the good bator the chickies keep coming regardless

I guessing you are worried that it will hurt the externally pipped ones, no that is why I get the hot water, to quickly put the humidity and temp back up, get in and out, the chicks are tougher than we think.

Good grief my typos are atrocious!! So should I only remove the dry or mostly dry ones and leave the 2 or three that are still pretty wet?

Yep I just did it twice when i hear s lot of thumping around in there, but then im definately not an expert since i think most of my chicks died in the bad bator (formerly known as attic bator) due to a broken window. Anyhow since ive opened the good bator the chickies keep coming regardless
yeah as long as you don't keep it open too long, I have not (knock on wood) any ill effects.

Good grief my typos are atrocious!! So should I only remove the dry or mostly dry ones and leave the 2 or three that are still pretty wet?
I take them all out if I"m opening it up, as long as the brooder is nice and toasty they will be good, put them in the warmest spot and they will sleep, they are pretty tired, hard work cracking out of an egg

The babies are hatching! The babies are hatching!

So CUTE! <3

I have 4 or 5 pips! Tomorrow we should have chicks!

Yay!!!! *dance*

I have a noise chicke and boy i think i might have my first succes!

Congrats!

This is my first try, set on the 5th . Day 18 all had movement inside , now it's the day before hatch and no rocking it internal peeping ... I'm so afraid that nothing's going to happen... No sign of life since lockdown
1f615.png
was hoping for some reassurance .

You've got time yet! Time for a self distraction!

I had one hatched by the end of day 18!

Omg! Seems so early! What was your temp throughout incubation?

The only time I leave a chick in after it has hatched is if the yolk sack has not fully been absorbed and a red belly button is showing and poking out you will know what I mean if you ever see it. I leave that one in until it has dried up, if it is red looking the other chicks could peck it.

Back
Top Bottom