The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueg4332

no they are sweetgrass but mama is very minimum colored. Will color up more as they age. I wanted midgets white but when I'd go see parents were big. It said on a site I was on to watch out for large midgets so I didn't buy their eggs. Love the sweetgrass their colors are so pretty
HOW PRETTY!!!!!!!

ME TOOOOOOO that kind is pretty, what was the other color we discussed?
Narragansett? We went over the list available from Porter Turkeys at one time. I like Bourbon Reds too.
I like the red Phoenix He looks so regal

have a pip actually two of them :)
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
The only time I leave a chick in after it has hatched is if the yolk sack has not fully been absorbed and a red belly button is showing and poking out you will know what I mean if you ever see it. I leave that one in until it has dried up, if it is red looking the other chicks could peck it.  

I've got one that should be hatched very shortly...should I wait and then transfer the 8 to the brooder or let it keep working in case it takes longer and take the 7 that are out for now?

I'm so worried I'm going to hurt the pipped ones but it's getting far too wild in there now!

I've got one that should be hatched very shortly...should I wait and then transfer the 8 to the brooder or let it keep working in case it takes longer and take the 7 that are out for now?

I'm so worried I'm going to hurt the pipped ones but it's getting far too wild in there now!
if it getting too wild take the 7 out and leave the one in there it will chirp and may encourage the others to hurry up.

I hope your children are getting to see this, my husband even came to watch, I just love seeing them hatch and am surprised at how crammed in they are and I love seeing the colors, I have barn yard mixes.

good luck I have to go to bed long day,

good luck I have to go to bed long day, 

Yes my kids didn't see the 7th one hatch because they went to bed but they saw all the others! They're loving this experience! (Me too of course!!)

I moved the 7 to the brooder...
1f60a.png
Still hear cheeping in the incubator and eggs rocking and being zipped!
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom