The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

OH MY GOODNESS, I'VE HAD SO MUCH FUN LOOKING AT ALL OF THE BABY PHOTOS! IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED YOURS YET..PLEASE, SHARE!
AND SO GLAD TO SEE THAT SOME ARE GETTING PIPS, NOISES, AND ROCKING. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PHOTO SOON!

So far, 10 are out...a couple more in mid-zip and numerous external pips!!
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

I like the red Phoenix   He looks so regal

What a gorgeous bird! We put down 8 Midget Whites and only two hatched yesterday. Hopefully we can add a couple of other varieties soon.
I see that you are just up the road from us. If and when you have birds or fertile eggs for sale, I'd love to the opportunity to buy from you.
PJ (=

Update!

3 are hatched, 2 pips and 2 I can't see so maybe pipped on the underside. After I logged off here last night I went for one last look at the bator before bed and another was zipping so naturally I had to stay up and watch! :eek: Had the other half on chick watch in the night and he said the third hatch at 1.30am. Looks like I have 2 female and 1 male sex linked hybrid so far :D

Congratulations to all on your hatched, pipped and zipping chicks :clap

Last edited:
Ok, so I have had such horrible hatches lately that this first one in my new incubator is going too good. I now have 16 babies, 12 warm, dry and fluffy, with at least 8 other pips. Can I open it to take out the dry chicks and some shells to give the others room to move? Or, with that many pips and I better of leaving it alone? There are 34 eggs in there, so just over half have hatched.

I don't have pips yet but I sure do have peeping.

Update : 9 lavender ameraucana chicks made it! Hatched a few days ago. This was by far the hardest hatch I've done...

My 1 EE egg is doing great and set to hatch on Sunday! Should be a pip tomorrow, I'm Eggcited!!!

I had to have 1 egg for the actual hatchathon lol.. good thing it's done awesome.

Ok! Hatch completed. I had 6 hatch, but one died after hatching. So now I have 5 Speckled Sussex chicks enjoying their new pad.

So far, 10 are out...a couple more in mid-zip and numerous external pips!!
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Update!

3 are hatched, 2 pips and 2 I can't see so maybe pipped on the underside. After I logged off here last night I went for one last look at the bator before bed and another was zipping so naturally I had to stay up and watch! :eek: Had the other half on chick watch in the night and he said the third hatch at 1.30am. Looks like I have 2 female and 1 male sex linked hybrid so far :D

Congratulations to all on your hatched, pipped and zipping chicks :clap

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!

Ok, so I have had such horrible hatches lately that this first one in my new incubator is going too good.  I now have 16 babies, 12 warm, dry and fluffy, with at least 8 other pips.  Can I open it to take out the dry chicks and some shells to give the others room to move?  Or, with that many pips and I better of leaving it alone?  There are 34 eggs in there, so just over half have hatched.

With that many (styro bator?) I'd go ahead and quickly remove them... got a spray bottle of warm water handy? Pull them quick, give a spritz or 2 along the sides not directly on the eggs and close her back up... but that's just my opinion... :D

Back
Top Bottom