The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Hatched 17 it looks like, one still has not piped, leaving it one more day. Now I have the task of selling some of the little guys. I am only allowed to have 12 birds were I live, and I already have 12. I am obsessed with chickens!

I had 41 chicks hatch last night. I have two more eggs in the bator with pips, but they aren't making much progress.

So my count as of now :
41 total
23 faverolles
17 welsummers (9 females 8 male)

I've got 3 pips this morning.
big_smile.png

I believe the baby just hatched yesterday. All down (no feathers), eyes closed.

I have been reading about it, and we managed to get some "chick starter gruel" in with a syringe - but your method sounds easier!
Ok, wow. That has got to be very difficult to feed, good job getting it some food! At that age they should be around 97 degrees in my experience, I like keeping them in an incubator between feedings cause it is easier to control temp. It is ok for the baby to be at 99 degrees for a couple days if you only have one 'bator. I keep them in a yogurt container (or something similar) - lined with tissues - so that if there are other creatures in the incubator they can't squish them.

My one egg for EHA has a pip!!! Whohoo lol.

(I have 22 other hatched chickies from earlier hatches this month)

I feel so lucky to have the 1 egg I set specifically for this to have made it so far.

I can't quote everyone but congrats to everyone with pips and peeps so far!

Oh and the egg I'm hatching is an EE. Blk sex link x ameraucana . Should be interesting!!

Back
Top Bottom