The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

celebrate.gif
I'm so eggcited. I didn't expect to get any chicks and after being 2 days late I had given up. Early this morning I ended up with 3 silkie chicks before i went to bed at 9 am. I got up at 2:30 to find 2 english Orp chicks in there all dry and resting. I'm not giving a final count yet. I'm not sure if they're done.
wee.gif
YAY!!!!!!
wee.gif

Loving all these chickie pictures!
We have two hatched out, we'll see about the remaining 3. No pips yet.

Here is our first hatcher, an Ameracauna x Australorp:

Aaand a little family collage:

So the chicks started hatching on Thursday for me and now the incubator smells but I still have 4 pips. I created a staggered hatch and have more chicks due Monday. Will there be a problem if I can't clean the incubator? I really wanna clean it...

So the chicks started hatching on Thursday for me and now the incubator smells but I still have 4 pips. I created a staggered hatch and have more chicks due Monday. Will there be a problem if I can't clean the incubator? I really wanna clean it...
I would just remove the egg shells and you can't clean it till all is said and done.

When do I assist? I have some that haven't progressed a bit since last night.
what stage are you at? a external pip? go to the external pip area and see the timeline for that @deserteggs22

TIMELINE of PIPS ZIPS ECT see below post!

MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770
Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST!

I have 11 pips and 2 trying to zip! I'm worried that 1 has been stuck halfway un zipped for too long but with so many pips I don't want to open the incubator. It's at 67% humidity so surely he can't be stuck, right?

Ok, 7 out of 18 hatched. The others were quitters or infertile.
Congrats!

My cream legbar babies have hatched! 2 boys 2 girls and one that is in-between in coloring
roll.png
so gonna have to wait and see for that one lol. I also have call duck eggs that should hatch the 29th, (not for the hal) very excited for call babies!
wee.gif

Total of 5 hatched
Congrats, I hope the unknown is a pullet!

I'm pretty sure my hatch is done. Out of 27 that went into the incubator on the 5th, 18 made it to lockdown. I've got 11 health chicks. I'm pretty sure the 7 remaining eggs are dead. It's been my experience, that if an egg isn't pipped within 48 hours of the first hatch, it's not going to.
Let's see a pic or you new little chicks!

Hatched 17 it looks like, one still has not piped, leaving it one more day. Now I have the task of selling some of the little guys. I am only allowed to have 12 birds were I live, and I already have 12. I am obsessed with chickens!

Congratulations!

My one egg for EHA has a pip!!! Whohoo lol.

(I have 22 other hatched chickies from earlier hatches this month)

I feel so lucky to have the 1 egg I set specifically for this to have made it so far.

I can't quote everyone but congrats to everyone with pips and peeps so far!

Oh and the egg I'm hatching is an EE. Blk sex link x ameraucana . Should be interesting!!
Come on and hatch!

Back
Top Bottom