The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Contest End Tomorrow!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...test-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_100

Deadline for entry is April 7th , 2016 at midnight PST

Contest # 11

Peeps Art Contest!
7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Peeps-UP-Image.jpg

Apparently the attacking dog got hit by a car and killed! I hate to see anything get killed, but this thing would have hurt someone very badly. I have to say that I am quite relieved. Now my coops need fixing, but at least my chickens are alive.

Last edited:
Apparently the attacking dog got hit by a car and killed! I hate to see anything get killed, but this thing would have hurt someone very badly. I have to say that I am quite relieved. Now my coops need fixing, but at least my chickens are alive.
Well, at least it's not in the hands of irresponsible owners anymore. But what did the owners expect would happen if they didn't contain it at all? Loose dogs are dead dogs. I just hope they don't decide to get other aggressive 'replacement'.

Are the neighbors at least paying for your damages & repairs?

Apparently the attacking dog got hit by a car and killed! I hate to see anything get killed, but this thing would have hurt someone very badly. I have to say that I am quite relieved. Now my coops need fixing, but at least my chickens are alive.

I agree!! Feel awful for the dog for having irresponsible owners but unfortunately that's what happens when you let dogs roam. I've heard stories where some owners don't even when a neighbor steals their dog lol sad but true. Why have a dog if you don't even love or want it??? But in this case the dog was aggressive so probably best

Well, at least it's not in the hands of irresponsible owners anymore. But what did the owners expect would happen if they didn't contain it at all? Loose dogs are dead dogs. I just hope they don't decide to get other aggressive 'replacement'.

I hope so too

Are the neighbors at least paying for your damages & repairs? 

They should@

I agree!! Feel awful for the dog for having irresponsible owners but unfortunately that's what happens when you let dogs roam. I've heard stories where some owners don't even when a neighbor steals their dog lol sad but true. Why have a dog if you don't even love or want it??? But in this case the dog was aggressive so probably best
I hope so too
They should
I don't think they even know about the damage yet. She caught me so off guard when she came over and asked if any of my chickens were missing! I had been out in my coops all day, so I just said no, Why? Then she told me about the dog. I must have been gone to town for just a few minutes when it happened. They do have another dog, they had two, but it seems more friendly, and they do tie that one when it is outside. I hope they do not get another. That would not be smart, but they have done some very unsmart things. They keep to themselves quite a bit, so I don't know if I will go over there or not. I have never had a problem with silkie safety other than a fox several years ago, and another neighborhood dog that was on a walk and got loose, who harassed them, and got one. I'm sick of people not controlling their dogs. We have two, and our other neighbors have two dogs, and they NEVER bother the chickens and are not left to run.

Last edited:
Contest End Tonight 7th!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...test-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_100

Deadline for entry is April 7th , 2016 at midnight PST

Contest # 11

Peeps Art Contest!
7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Peeps-UP-Image.jpg

Contest #12: Wet Poultry Ends April 8th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_100#post_16611421
WET POULTRY CONTEST!

LL

2014 winner austinbndr28
Show us your most soaked fowl!

Prizes:

1st Place:

MOXY Socks Chicken Legs Knee-High Fitness Novelty Socks, courtesy of @Hurley
LL

2nd Place:

2 crocheted chickens courtesy of @cjkriebel
LL
LL

3rd Place:

chicken mouse pad courtesy of @deserteggs22

LL

Plenty more contests to enter for APRIL​

Please Join us!​

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Do you have Eggs in the Incbuator/s under Hens ANYTIME in April?

If so JOIN US!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

I don't think they even know about the damage yet. She caught me so off guard when she came over and asked if any of my chickens were missing! I had been out in my coops all day, so I just said no, Why? Then she told me about the dog. I must have been gone to town for just a few minutes when it happened. They do have another dog, they had two, but it seems more friendly, and they do tie that one when it is outside. I hope they do not get another. That would not be smart, but they have done some very unsmart things. They keep to themselves quite a bit, so I don't know if I will go over there or not. I have never had a problem with silkie safety other than a fox several years ago, and another neighborhood dog that was on a walk and got loose, who harassed them, and got one. I'm sick of people not controlling their dogs. We have two, and our other neighbors have two dogs, and they NEVER bother the chickens and are not left to run.

Don't suppose they've ever heard of fencing, or even a portable kennel? Sounds like those people need to take a lot better care of their animals.

Back
Top Bottom