The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I don't think they even know about the damage yet. She caught me so off guard when she came over and asked if any of my chickens were missing! I had been out in my coops all day, so I just said no, Why? Then she told me about the dog. I must have been gone to town for just a few minutes when it happened. They do have another dog, they had two, but it seems more friendly, and they do tie that one when it is outside. I hope they do not get another. That would not be smart, but they have done some very unsmart things. They keep to themselves quite a bit, so I don't know if I will go over there or not. I have never had a problem with silkie safety other than a fox several years ago, and another neighborhood dog that was on a walk and got loose, who harassed them, and got one. I'm sick of people not controlling their dogs. We have two, and our other neighbors have two dogs, and they NEVER bother the chickens and are not left to run.

I thinkyou should at least tell her if not ask them to pay because that's not fair. That is good the other dog is controlled though. But sorry you've had so many problems with dogs :( i agree, it isn't that hard to control a dog. Our dog used to get loose a lot, being part Great Pyrenees and wanting to roam, so we started keeping him on a long rope when he was outside. Whenhe was good after about a year my dad tried letting him off it but he took off again so he's been on it permanently now. We have never had our yard fenced so that's why the rope. But we are hoping to eventually fence it in since the rope isn't fair to him. But we have almost 3 acres so it's expensive and awkward to fence. But we managed to figure out a way to contain him. It really isn't that difficult. Did they let it loose or did it break free or?

Don't suppose they've ever heard of fencing, or even a portable kennel?  Sounds like those people need to take a lot better care of their animals.

Agreed

Last edited:
I thinkyou should at least tell her if not ask them to pay because that's not fair. That is good the other dog is controlled though. But sorry you've had so many problems with dogs :( i agree, it isn't that hard to control a dog. Our dog used to get loose a lot, being part Great Pyrenees and wanting to roam, so we started keeping him on a long rope when he was outside. Whenhe was good after about a year my dad tried letting him off it but he took off again so he's been on it permanently now. We have never had our yard fenced so that's why the rope. But we are hoping to eventually fence it in since the rope isn't fair to him. But we have almost 3 acres so it's expensive and awkward to fence. But we managed to figure out a way to contain him. It really isn't that difficult. Did they let it loose or did it break free or?
Agreed

So sorry for the grief ridden situation.
Makes me nervous to imagine if they have kids what their kids are "getting into" if they can't even manage a dog. I wish the world was a better place for all folks&critters!
Hang in there,dust yourself off&be strong!

Mama hen's babies are getting bigger!!!

Too bad we've been so dry here. If the contest was most SMOKED fowl I might win, we've had so many grass fires go wild here (in fact three buildings on the south side of town caught fire the other day!) Everything reeks of smoke!

This is an extremely difficult contest to judge! Thank you everyone for your entries!

The winners of the Cutest Baby Fowl Contest are............

1st Place

Cindy07
900x900px-LL-5c42d485_IMG_2722m.jpeg

2nd Place

anneofalltrades
900x900px-LL-f9aebd55_image.jpeg

3rd Place

HaileyBelle
900x900px-LL-5f087935_IMG_7464.jpeg

Congratulations!​

Back
Top Bottom