The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Chick pics of my hatch whooo:celebrate

Today was beautiful out and I got some nice pictures of Eve and her son, X. They didn't hold still for very long, especially when treats came out and they tried to hide from other chickens in order to swallow them down. Poor X had trouble keeping up with his overly excitable mother.
smile.png

Here is Eve and X, sun bathing together and just chilling.

Out foraging on the fresh, green grass.

Both preening. Like mother, like son.

I don't have any chicks that I hatched during the HAL because the whole hatched got cooked in the incubator during the classroom hatch, but I do have my substitute chicks.

My TSC bantam chicks that had to slipped into the incubator for the school/classroom HAL hatch that went bad. They are growing so big. The mottled chick was actually given to me by a TSC associate because it was being attacked by the other chicks at the store. They tore its nose up pretty bad, but the little one recovered so well, you can't even tell.

Mottled chick the night I brought her home.

Today was beautiful out and I got some nice pictures of Eve and her son, X. They didn't hold still for very long, especially when treats came out and they tried to hide from other chickens in order to swallow them down. Poor X had trouble keeping up with his overly excitable mother.
smile.png

Here is Eve and X, sun bathing together and just chilling.

Out foraging on the fresh, green grass.

Both preening. Like mother, like son.
What is she? She is absolutely stunning! Is that a combination of penciled and laced?

What is she? She is absolutely stunning! Is that a combination of penciled and laced?

Thanks. : )

She's half Silver Duckwing OEGB and half Golden Sebright, so I have no idea where the patterning came from. I love her coloring too.

This is her brother. A very handsome dude with cool spangling on his chest.

I don't have any chicks that I hatched during the HAL because the whole hatched got cooked in the incubator during the classroom hatch, but I do have my substitute chicks. My TSC bantam chicks that had to slipped into the incubator for the school/classroom HAL hatch that went bad. They are growing so big. The mottled chick was actually given to me by a TSC associate because it was being attacked by the other chicks at the store. They tore its nose up pretty bad, but the little one recovered so well, you can't even tell. Mottled chick the night I brought her home.
Awah I love the one on left. So sweet looking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom