The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I ended up candling yesterday myself was going to wait but didn't want the kids to miss the little wiggling eyeball thingy, the best part. Some were moving/wiggling already, majority developing; 30 out of 34, two obvious clears and two with blood rings.
So far so good and with some of them old eggs of which many could have been partly frozen, and all washed.
1f423.png

Last edited:
Here is my broody girl. She's setting eggs, but she also lets the other hens chicks under her. It's really sweet.

What a lovely little lady :D

Awful candling video anyone? 

I will check it out :highfive:

Love the chicken math memes, all so true for most of us.

:gig

I ended up candling yesterday myself was going to wait but didn't want the kids to miss the little wiggling eyeball thingy, the best part. Some were moving/wiggling already, majority developing; 30 out of 34, two obvious clears and two with blood rings.
So far so good and with some of them old eggs of which many could have been partly frozen, and all washed.
1f423.png

Sounds like things are going well and the kids got to see the wiggly eyeball thingy! It sure is great to see that embryo moving, I find it fascinating :D

Ok so.
Day 7 candling of 36 eggs
13 NJ/EE x. Doing good
7 NJ/EE x. Maybe
4 NJ/EE x clears
7 wyandotte bantams good
5 wyandotte bananas maybe

What day is that? I wanna know for if/when I eventually hatch lol

When you can see movement?
I don't candle until day 7 as a rule and you can see the embryo moving then.

Ok so.
Day 7 candling of 36 eggs
13 NJ/EE x. Doing good
7 NJ/EE x. Maybe
4 NJ/EE x clears
7 wyandotte bantams good
5 wyandotte bananas maybe

Hope the maybe eggs turn out to be good :fl

Day 7 candle on the chicken eggs ~

5 clears all together, the 2 mutt eggs and 3 of the polish. All 10 Brahma eggs are looking good.
I have left them in just incase but I'm pretty sure they are non starters.

Back
Top Bottom