The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I candled today and moved 4 over to the questionable section. 1 looks like a blood ring while 3 look like clears.

Candling pictures to follow

Pita Pinta egg from the bottom:

Pita Pinta egg from the top:

Same Pita Pinta egg video :

vimeo_logo.png

I lowered the humidity to 34% since the air cells look a bit small.

Last edited:
I candled today and moved 4 over to the questionable section. 1 looks like a blood ring while 3 look like clears.

Candling pictures to follow

Pita Pinta egg from the bottom:

Pita Pinta egg from the top:

Same Pita Pinta egg video :

vimeo_logo.png

I lowered the humidity to 34% since the air cells look a bit small.
I love seeing the little baby swimming around in that video

:weee Eggs are developing!
Thank goodness something is developing in these eggs of mine :p I'm pretty disappointed in the polish eggs but the cockerel is still young and he's still finding his feet so to speak. In general making a hash of things but he's getting to know the ropes better as time goes on.
I candled today and moved 4 over to the questionable section. 1 looks like a blood ring while 3 look like clears. Candling pictures to follow Pita Pinta egg from the bottom: Pita Pinta egg from the top: Same Pita Pinta egg video : I lowered the humidity to 34% since the air cells look a bit small.
Fab pics and video Ron :thumbsup I got a vid of one of the polish embryos moving but you tube is not liking me today :( Is Vimeo better?

Thank goodness something is developing in these eggs of mine
tongue.png

I'm pretty disappointed in the polish eggs but the cockerel is still young and he's still finding his feet so to speak. In general making a hash of things but he's getting to know the ropes better as time goes on.
Fab pics and video Ron
thumbsup.gif

I got a vid of one of the polish embryos moving but you tube is not liking me today
sad.png
Is Vimeo better?
I really like vimeo! I can put huge videos up on it and do for the church. I am now putting them up in HD format.

My 7 candling update.

Out of 60 eggs set.

4 non fertile
3 blood rings

So far 53 seem to be developing as they should be.

There are 4 or 5 though that the air cell is settled more on the side than it is upon the top of the egg.

Ain't that the truth! (Minus the hogs. lol)

I was thinking the same thing..in fact, just commented on another post where someone posted two darling calves. Then someone said, everyone needs a cow. I said, I wish I had the land, I would have had horses, cows, goats, and a whole lot more chickens!

Back
Top Bottom