The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

Where are you guys expecting such a huge storm?

Congratulations to the new people that posted their hatches. And good luck to all those still incubating.

Also good luck to this worried about outages I hope we are all okay.
East of Sacramento Ca. North of pjnbill. If this pans out they are expecting the Truckee River to flood. There’s a watch in our area as well but it doesn’t flood where I’m at just the roads can get interesting.

Wow, that’s great that they hatched. Amazing what good eggs can handle! We sold our RV, but I think Bill may have kept the portable generator. Seems like a no brainer, but I hadn’t thought about it. I’ll have to ask him to have extra fuel on hand and to fire it up once or twice tomorrow, before the storm comes in. He had to drive up to Mariposa today and he said the roads up that way are really bad because of the washouts from the last storm, especially in the areas burned in last year’s wildfires. There were areas with one way traffic control while the roads are being repaired. There are also still a few vehicles stuck in creeks because the drivers drove around the road blocks. What a mess.
I actually though they were quitters. She heard them peeping on the fireplace hearth and told me to bring them to her.
Definitely get it fired up. Mine hadn’t been used in a few years thankfully, however it took a new battery for the starter and it started. Didn’t end up needing it yet but it’s ready.
I’ve actually run a dedicated wire with outlet into the house for the coffee maker and fridge. And the house heater which is propane but takes electricity to run fan.

Total eggs set: 7
Total eggs hatched: 3
Breed: Coronation Sussex
Other info: Eggs were shipped; all had saddled air cells; eggs were set horizontally for lockdown; all pipped appropriately & hatched on their own without incident.
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy :yesss::wee:love
More than one hatched is a good hatch!

East of Sacramento Ca. North of pjnbill. If this pans out they are expecting the Truckee River to flood. There’s a watch in our area as well but it doesn’t flood where I’m at just the roads can get interesting.
The last atmospheric river storm went south of us. This one is more on track for our part of the state

Atmospheric river.jpg

I filled my bator again on the 2nd. All are GL english orps. I have alot of people wanting them.
Out of my chicks that just hatched I have many girls thank goodness. I have 4 of the ayam cimani that are girls which is what I was hoping for. I need a new roo for them now.
Good for you keeping the bator full!

Ok little dilemma here. The two new thermometers that were 4 degrees off on the hatching incubator have now come around to saying the same as my trusted one. Double and triple checked.

Have not moved eggs to lockdown until I can confirm tomorrow. 6 of the shipped eggs are developing and will be moved to hatching incubator when I can confirm temps. If not they will stay in better incubator for lockdown. Too much of a mess that way but won’t risk it if necessary.

I purchased 6 they shipped 8 one not fertile one started but stopped. Air cells are great compared to the Easter hal shipped eggs. No internal pips yet.

Back
Top Bottom