Pics
Hey, I'm new here and wanted to share a few pictures of my Aseel!

DSC_9816.jpg

Ariadne1.jpg

gaia3.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_9240.jpg
    DSC_9240.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 3
The lack of hackle feathers on the Bekisar looks very oriental like. A highly inbred junglefowl crossed over a few times with a Bekisar could give is the birds we have now. Except there is no accounting for the drive. But wolves don't have that drive and there are game dogs out there, therefore it is reasonable to conclude that the drive can be bred for.
Volia, I just figured it out!

That’s where my mind always goes when contemplating oriental gamefowl. Are they really just highly modified red junglefowl? Or do they represent another Gallus line? They look and act like they’re something different, except that they speak the same language as all chickens. I have considered that perhaps the bankivoid game drive actually comes from the oriental side and that the two have been crossed so many times over the millennia that it is no longe possible to correctly discern genetic lineage. It seems like its common for bankivoid groups to have oriental infused into them once a century or so on a wide scale and then buried back into the bankivoid genetics. As if the bankivoid lines need the oriental infusion every several chicken genetations to keep up their drive and physique.

Now my speculation aside, the current stance of geneticists is that orientals are just modified RJF with a few other known Gallus lines mixed in, and that some orientals are actually genetically closer to wild RJF than other chicken groups. Taking that at face value, I have wondered if the first orientals were the earliest junglefowl hybrids. I have seen some hybrids have oriental-like traits in terms of head and neck.

I have also been very perplexed by this issue, though I will not be making any broad statements, as I have not looked into the topic much, although I'd like to

Its not “my” chickens, the scientific study I linked indicates that domestic chickens as a whole have larger brains than wild red junglefowl per the scientific data.
Interesting. Somehow I missed the link that you had provided

In any case, brain mass means very little. There's many animals with larger brains than humans (whales, dolphins, elephants, etc.) that are also less intelligent than humans. This is simply because they need a large brain in order to control their large body

Synaptic density (brain wrinkles) and brain function are far more important. Owls have relatively large brains but because the vast majority is dedicated to eyesight they're relatively unintelligent for birds

According to your article the average domestic chicken has a brain 15% larger than the average red junglefowl. This sounds significant until the article mentions that domestic chickens also have 85% greater body-mass. It's like saying that a terrier has a smaller brain than a mastiff. No shit

Some pictures of my birds. All but, one are Indian Malays.

Goliath(Main Breeder)View attachment 3380128View attachment 3380129Goliath's Son, & Daughter: Long, & Big FattyView attachment 3380130Big Fatty is an oddball, she's pure Malay, just not one you'd expect to see(Yes, she's bantam sized). Her brother is pictured above.View attachment 3380133Their Mother(I have another hen like her)View attachment 3380141Long's, & Big Fatty's hatchmate.View attachment 3380144Goliath's Hatchmate. The Splash Wheaten I'm currently trying to sell.View attachment 3380149This Lady, my Red Wheaten I got from a breeder here in Michigan.View attachment 3380155
I love their build

Back
Top Bottom