Pics
I've never had any Aseel birds but plan on it in the spring. How many hens per rooster is the norm? I think I can order only str so I will need to find homes for the extra roos. How many colors are there per SOP acceptance?

Do the females fight like roos or are the males just not active enough? I also want to breed some extra roos to rocks and big new Hampshires as meat crosses. From what I've read Aseels were used in developing Dark Cornish which I have a few of now. It may be interesting to breed a few Aseel Cornish X.

Do the females fight like roos or are the males just not active enough? I also want to breed some extra roos to rocks and big new Hampshires as meat crosses. From what I've read Aseels were used in developing Dark Cornish which I have a few of now. It may be interesting to breed a few Aseel Cornish X.
I only have one Asil here and she's both incredibly peaceful and our most ferocious mother here. Nobody messes with her and she doesn't mess with anyone. My birds are all completely free-range though

Females don't always fight like the males, no. They can co-exist. But once they do fight, they fight. I'm not sure what you mean by not active enough about the males. For the first generation crosses I wouldn't keep the males together

I only have one Asil here and she's both incredibly peaceful and our most ferocious mother here. Nobody messes with her and she doesn't mess with anyone. My birds are all completely free-range though
My cornish are free range now but will be in a coop and run system soon when they start laying. To many roos for them to encounter free ranging. I hope they are very broody.

Depending on the strain, hens can even kill each other. Hatchery birds are far less volatile.
Mine will be hatchery birds to start. I have plenty of incubators to hatch with if needed. Natural production with Aseel hens is what I want. With such low numbers of hens per rooster broody will be a most suitable trait. Larger coops and runs then will be a must I think.

Back
Top Bottom