Pics
Mine will be hatchery birds to start. I have plenty of incubators to hatch with if needed. Natural production with Aseel hens is what I want. With such low numbers of hens per rooster broody will be a most suitable trait. Larger coops and runs then will be a must I think.

Broody they will definitely be. Aseel hens (here) have around two cycles. One in the spring, and one during the end of summer, where they keep their chicks till the next cycle. I've heard of many females in the US who have very different cycles though, so don't take my word for it. Especially since they'll be hatchery birds

Broody they will definitely be. Aseel hens (here) have around two cycles. One in the spring, and one during the end of summer, where they keep their chicks till the next cycle. I've heard of many females in the US who have very different cycles though, so don't take my word for it. Especially since they'll be hatchery birds
I may can get some non hatchery females locally. I'm investigating. I see a place down the highway a few miles away where there are what looks like dog houses with roosters staked out in each one. I don't know what kind of game they are but they might be Aseels. I don't know why they have so many. I don't see any coops where they would have hens.

I may can get some non hatchery females locally. I'm investigating. I see a place down the highway a few miles away where there are what looks like dog houses with roosters staked out in each one. I don't know what kind of game they are but they might be Aseels. I don't know why they have so many. I don't see any coops where they would have hens.

Mostly American gamefowl are kept this way

The closest thing I have ever had to a game fowl is Cornish with their pea comb. The ones I have now are very feisty. I've got hands and arms that are scratched up really bad. I've got to start wearing leather gloves to handle them. They don't like to be handled at all.

The closest thing I have ever had to a game fowl is Cornish with their pea comb. The ones I have now are very feisty. I've got hands and arms that are scratched up really bad. I've got to start wearing leather gloves to handle them. They don't like to be handled at all.

I think you'll like this about aseel. I've yet to find a human aggressive aseel, dare I say a fearful one. They are absolutely comfortable with coming to humans

Back
Top Bottom