Pics
I'm pretty sure @pipdzipdnreadytogo also took a picture of your boy

Oh my goodness, I did! He was such a cool bird, and SO tall! :love

Shamo, Wheaten cockerel.jpg

Pipd did take a photo of one. Honestly Aseel are hard to show, because simply put, most are mixed variety, and a lot of breers don't have birds that adhere to the APA standards as much as other breeds

Yes, I only saw one bird labeled as an Aseel. Looking down the building from the end that had champion row, she was in like the 3rd or 4th row from the back on the right side.

Aseel, Black hen.jpg

I saw him; (and you, for that matter) he’s filled out since September and the pullets are looking gorgeous too! I’m not familiar with the SCCPA classifications, which birds did the best in other categories?
The do CH and RES for old and rare categories. It was mentioned at the meeting these categories might be revised or split up more. SPPA has been around since 1965 it’s a great organization that needs a little modernization I think to draw some new members as well. Here is a list of awards they provided at the National meet.

Attachments

• IMG_4391.jpeg
    IMG_4391.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 20
The do CH and RES for old and rare categories. It was mentioned at the meeting these categories might be revised or split up more. SPPA has been around since 1965 it’s a great organization that needs a little modernization I think to draw some new members as well. Here is a list of awards they provided at the National meet.
What got Champion rare breed LF there? I’m surprised Call ducks count as a rare breed duck 😅 doesn’t sound fair to the actual rare ones.
Does a d’Anvers count as an old breed? It is old but it is also very common.
Who judges them?

Just wondering what the experts thoughts on these guys are. I just acquired them due to the previous owner having predation issues. She was so broken hearted about having to let them go, I didn't want to sit and ask her a million questions.TYIA

Attachments

• KIMG0484~2.JPG
    KIMG0484~2.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 18
Just wondering what the experts thoughts on these guys are. I just acquired them due to the previous owner having predation issues. She was so broken hearted about having to let them go, I didn't want to sit and ask her a million questions.TYIA

They look like low quality aseel or aseel mixes to me

Back
Top Bottom