The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Starting to think 007 is actually Khaki. He's a light grey color through out his body, & his hackles, wing triangles, & saddles are a creamy yellow color, which stands out.

I'll go get a few pictures for opinions. I'll put in a mostly pure white in for comparison.

It's kinda hard to see in the pictures, especially with Silkies, but here they are.
007 is the one floppy comb, & leg band.
20220922_134847.jpg
20220922_134901.jpg
20220922_134915.jpg
20220922_134937.jpg
20220922_134947.jpg
20220922_135343.jpg
20220922_135350.jpg

It's easier to see in real life, my phone camera isn't the best, especially depending on the lighting outside.

Thinking about test breeding him to a Barred Rock hen, to see if he produces Dun Barred males, & solid Dun females. This would confirm he's truly a Khaki.

Good morning @nicalandia!
I have a few questions for you and anyone else who may know is free and welcome to respond. I just purchased some Silkie eggs from a breeder who has a few project pens.
Curious what the chicks may look like. She did not send any photos.
Two of the pens are full brothers that are the males. They are from a Buff over Porcelain crossing.
One of the brothers is in a pen with Porcelain hens and the other brother is in a pen with Buff hens
The third pen has a Lemon Cuckoo rooster over Buff hens.
Would appreciate any ideas on how the chicks may turn out from each of these 3 pens:
1) Buff/Porcelain over Porcelains
2) Buff/Porcelain over Buffs
3) Lemon Cuckoo over Buffs

Thanks and Happy Sunday!🥰

Good morning @nicalandia!
I have a few questions for you and anyone else who may know is free and welcome to respond. I just purchased some Silkie eggs from a breeder who has a few project pens.
Curious what the chicks may look like. She did not send any photos.
Two of the pens are full brothers that are the males. They are from a Buff over Porcelain crossing.
One of the brothers is in a pen with Porcelain hens and the other brother is in a pen with Buff hens
The third pen has a Lemon Cuckoo rooster over Buff hens.
Would appreciate any ideas on how the chicks may turn out from each of these 3 pens:
1) Buff/Porcelain over Porcelains
2) Buff/Porcelain over Buffs
3) Lemon Cuckoo over Buffs

Thanks and Happy Sunday!🥰

Lemon Cuckoo is just Buff with Sex linked barring. Like Lemon Cuckoo Orps and Buff Orps.

Porcelain Silkies are basically Gold based Partridge with Lavender dilution.

Those Buff/Porcelain look nearly buff in tone right? They have lavender hidden so when crossed with Porcelain 50% of those chicks will be lavender diluted(some will be Porcelain some will be buff diluted by lavender which is very pale yellow)

Lemon Cuckoo male over Buff females will yield 100% Lemon Cuckoo females and single copy cuckoo males that will have a darker buff shade than their sire.

Lemon Cuckoo is just Buff with Sex linked barring. Like Lemon Cuckoo Orps and Buff Orps.

Porcelain Silkies are basically Gold based Partridge with Lavender dilution.

Those Buff/Porcelain look nearly buff in tone right? They have lavender hidden so when crossed with Porcelain 50% of those chicks will be lavender diluted(some will be Porcelain some will be buff diluted by lavender which is very pale yellow)

Lemon Cuckoo male over Buff females will yield 100% Lemon Cuckoo females and single copy cuckoo males that will have a darker buff shade than their sire.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me. Now just hoping some of these chicks hatch.😊

Back
Top Bottom