The countdown begins

bilbothebanty

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Illinois
Just started my eggs today. They are light Sussex and I am so excited I hope everything gos well. I have seven in the incubater and seven under a hen, I hope they all hatch.

are they shipped eggs? is this your 1st hatch? good luck! i'm excited for you!! my eggs are on day 10, so we're not too far apart from each other.

Yes they are shipped eggs and this is my fist time hatching so I am nevus and excited. Yesterday I added the eggs that the Brody hen was supposed to be siting on to the incubator because she was not sitting on them. I hope they are still ok and hatch.

Day Ten
Yesterday I candled my eggs for the fist time and 8 out of 13 are definitely fertile two are not fertile and 3 are a maybe. I am so excited I have never candled eggs before and it was so cool. I even saw the embryo moving in some of them. I couldn't be happier.
big_smile.png

Hatch day and i already have one hatched.
celebrate.gif
It hatched this morning around 8:00. Three more are pipped and wiggling. I am having some trouble keeping the humidity up, if any one has advise on that it would be nice. Also how long do you have to leave the chicks in the incubator?

Here are some pictures of some of the babies

The fist chick, we named it Edison

Two of the chick mostly dry and in there box, front to back: Alva and Edison

Back
Top Bottom